Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjones22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 07:48 AM
    1992 civic won't start
    I own a 1992 honda civic. One day I got in it and it started up fine, but when I stalled out (for got the e-brake was still on) it wouldn't start up. It does crank but doesn't turn over. It is firing on all cylinders and feul pump is running. Our next step is to replace the timing belt. Is this a good step or should we go with the distributor? The timing belt could be missing a couple of teeth and causeing it not to start. Is this right? HELP
    bayareaslapzz Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 4, 2007, 08:33 AM
    First, I would bang on the starter. Then I would check all the fuses to the distributor,starter, and fuel pump, which iis located under the streering wheeling. If timing Belt misses a couple of teeth, it would snap rather than hang on.
    jjones22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 01:00 PM
    OK, thanks. I have checked the fuses under the hood but not the ones under the steering wheel.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Perform the steps outlined in sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Toyota carina Stalled and won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Toyota Carina. Some day it couldn't start. I removed the relays and put them back and voilą! It started. A couple of months later, it started jerking. This would however not happen when I step on it a lot. Six months later, the Engine just stopped while I was driving. I called...

1992 Honda Accord won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

Was driving on freeway in car about 60miles an hour when car started slowing down and eventually stopped, it sounds like its out of gas. I was wondering if it could be a fuel pump fuse

1992 Accord EX won't start [ 1 Answers ]

1992 Accord EX won't start, I change the main relay and still I don't have spark to coil. Also replace computer to no relief and distributor.

1992 Civic DX Hatch... Won't start. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I was at work last night and I usually just have to stomp on the clutch a few times and turn the key to start my car, but this time it didn't start, didn't even make a noise to indicate that it would start... I tried this for about 50 times and gave up... does anyone know what this problem...

View more questions Search