Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bspalax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 09:10 AM
    1992 Honda Accord EX
    I've been having trouble with this one for a while now. The Check Engine Light came on at about 94000 miles, and around 96000 miles the car started idle-ing abnormally. Sometimes the RPMs would be around 0, other times it would be past 1. Around this time when I would drive it it would buck, sometimes violently and shake, when I checked the engine code it said it was the Idle Air Control Valve, I replaced it with a new one and the light and problem stayed. Now the car has gotten worse and when it shifts gears (it's an automatic) the first 3 gears seem to be rough to get into. I have terrible gas mileage with it (about 20 mpg) and it's a pain to drive. Can some one please help me? Haha
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 09:23 AM
    . Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 seconds, to reset the computer.

. Test/replace the Ignition Control Module and coil. AutoZone can test these for free.

. Ensure spark plugs (NGK only), rotor, and distributor cap are in good shape.

. Check vacuum hoses, PCV valve, and EGR valve.

. Replace fuel filter.

. Change automatic transmission fluid, if it hasn't been done in the last 2 years or 24,000 miles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord [ 22 Answers ]

Where is the MAIN RELAY located?

1992 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My Accord won't turn over when the weather is hot or when driving it for period, parking and returning a short time later. (i.e. running into the store for 3 min). I heard it might be my main relay? Never a problem during cold weather.

Honda Accord 1992 [ 2 Answers ]

When I am driving sometimes the car seems to shift to a lower gear. I apply gas but it doesn't seem to do any thing, when I back off the gas it seems to pick up and go. This is an automatic transmission. Thanks

1992 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where the main relay is and also the igniter and the coil on this car

1992 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

I drove this car 5 miles and then it died. Would not restart went back in 30 minutes and it did start but then died again. It will crank but will not start. Need some answers if anyone has any. We checked and found that there is power at the fuel pump. We already replaced the fuel filter as a cheap...

View more questions Search