Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melenciano825 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Explorer 2003
    I have a ford explorer 2003; the "service engine soon" light has been blinking for about two weeks... what could that mean?
    tbrad22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Really that could mean a number of things from needing LOF (lube oil filter) oil change, coolant levels are low, thermostat notice if the car is overheating etc. or if the light turns red, Red Warning light indicates an immediate danger. Pull over, turn off the car immediately and assess the problem. Symptoms that usually cause red warning lights are engine over-heating, low oil pressure, transmission over-heating, low battery voltage, and brake failure. Best thing to do is to take it to a Auto shop and have them diagnose the problem, most shops have a hand held like computer that they plug into the OBII port under the dash and it will tell them the engine light code and then you can go from there...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Blinking is bad. Very bad. That means the catalyst (converter) could be damaged. Is the vehicle running poorly? Find a shop, many parts stores will do it, but get that checked. It will be less expensive now than if you wait...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrad22
    Really that could mean a number of things from needing LOF (lube oil filter) oil change, coolant levels are low, thermostat notice if the car is overheating etc. or if the light turns red, Red Warning light indicates an immediate danger. Pull over, turn off the car immediately and assess the problem. Symptoms that usually cause red warning lights are engine over-heating, low oil pressure, transmission over-heating, low battery voltage, and brake failure. Best thing to do is to take it to a Auto shop and have them diagnose the problem, most shops have a hand held like computer that they plug into the OBII port under the dash and it will tell them the engine light code and then you can go from there....
    Wrong!

The SES or MIL or Check Engine Light is motivated by emissions. There are lamps that are used as maintenance reminders, but this isn't that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing File with Word 2003 (all Office 2003 programs) [ 3 Answers ]

I recently started having problems opening any of my Office 2003 Professional programs. The files seem to open, but an error pops up saying that I'm missing a file named PS561401.cab, and can not open without reinstalling the program. I don't have the installation disks for Office, as this...

Explorer 7.0 [ 2 Answers ]

As we all know there can be many code problems in cross browser viewing. I made a Webpage using the flock Browser. A super little Browser. I can view the page correctly in I.E, Firefox, and flock. But friends that also use I.E. 7.0 tell me the page does not load all the way. What's the deal...

Ford explorer 2003 downshifting problem [ 6 Answers ]

Have a problem with the downshifting.when the rpm drop there's a roaring sound. This happen on the highway. When ever it drops from 65 mph to 50 mph.:confused:

View more questions Search