Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbristol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Air conditioning compressor
    HELLO,
    Last night my air conditioning compressor stopped working. It will engage, it wants to work but the fan just will not go. It is Sunday 99 degrees and was wondering if there mioght be something I can do to fix this problem? Thank you so much!!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Given the info given I guess the given fan motor or capacitor has gone bad. Not much you can do on a Sunday if you can't get parts. Does the motor turn freely? If you spin the fan blade will the motor run? Does the motor feel extremely hot?
    dbristol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 03:45 PM
    The fan blades do turn freely, but oh well guess we'll sweat it out for tonight. Any idea how much a new motor might run? I know model and all that come into play but ballpark?
    Thanks!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
    When you replace motor you change the capacitor for the rating on the motor as well. In my area anywhere from $175-$225 depending on motor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air compressor does not turns on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced programmable thermostat to on/off thermostat. Fan blows but the compressor does not always come on when asked. If left in the on position it may come on. Sometimes if it is turned off and then back on the compressor will come on. It has not turned on for the last 2 days even trying...

Air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

L moved to my new home last winter,and this summer tried to run the A/C the outside unit is not running at all .Look like when l was moving in someone pulled out some wires which run from the outside unit l think to the 24v trans or the thamostart . There is two small wires how do l hook them up?

Rewiring air compressor [ 4 Answers ]

How do I rewire a 220V 2 hrp. Air compressor to 110V?

Air Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new air compressor for my hot rod fabrication. The specifications are as follows, 5.5hp 80gal 24amp 240v. My question is, it calls for a 30 amp breaker and time delay fuse, Type "T". I am running 6/2 wire to supply the unit, it is about 90 ft from the main panel so we ran 6/2 for minimal...

View more questions Search