Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kapton Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 01:33 PM
    94 Honda Accord - oil in spark plug holes
    I have 94 accord with 185K.

I am changing the plugs and have oil in #2 and 3 spark plug holes.
    Should there have been orings or gaskets changed during a recent
    Timing belt change I had done at the dealer?

Timing belt change was doen within the last 10000 miles
    Rusty320 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kapton
    I have 94 accord with 185K.

I am changing the plugs and have oil in #2 and 3 spark plug holes.
    Shoudl there have been orings or gaskets changed during a recent
    timing belt change I had done at the dealer?

Timing belt change was doen within the last 10000 miles
    I'm not a car expert, but I know that changing the timing belt is not related to doing a valve job or replacing your piston rings which is most likely your problem. Both jobs are more complex and more expensive.

Hope this helps!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Spark plug rubber seals and rubber cylinder head cover seal are extra. Easy problem to remedy, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord No Spark [ 4 Answers ]

PROBLEM: No spark out of Coil. :( The two large wires going into the Coil have 12 voits when the ignition is turned on. Replaced Coil and spark plug wires. Coil is warm to touch after a few attempts at starting. Still don't have any voltage coming out of the coil.

92 Honda Accord LX won't start,no spark [ 4 Answers ]

My 92 Honda Accord won't start, coil has no spark.the starter cranks fast, I replace the coil, the main relay switch and the ECU module inside the distributer.I used a multimeter to check the battery voltage (12 volts) but the highest voltage going in to the coil is only 1.4 volts. I could use some...

1994 honda accord, no spark, no fuel-- [ 3 Answers ]

I have a honda accord lx no efi that ran with a low idle & died occasionally. I cleaned the iavc screen and when I tried to start it, the battery ran down and clicked and made all kind of weird noises. I think the starter stayed engaged. After replacing the battery & negative battery cable because...

Autolite Spark Plug destroys Honda V6 3.0 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed Autolite spark plugs into a 2003 Honda accord. After installing, car began to randomly misfire. After driving car 35 miles, car blew 3 back side piston rings and catalyst converters. My $10 plugs are costing me $8700. Would the Autolite plugs be too hot or simply a...

92 Honda Accord No Spark [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Yes I have 92 honda accord ex 5 speed and its not getting any sparks from the ingition coil. I have changed the coil and distrubutor and still no spark. I have removed the main relay and also the ecu computer to have them checked to see if that's the problem. So if any one can be of any...

View more questions Search