Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copen Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Engine light & ecu.95 Civic EX
    If this is redundant, I apologize.1. Engine light came on in stop and go traffic, mostly stop
    And doesn't go out. Seems to run OK, no problems so far,other than the light being on.
    2.I found the ECU on the right inside(pass. Compartment) but no window to check codes.
    Any suggestions?
    go4louie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by copen
    If this is redundant, I apologize.1. Engine light came on in stop and go traffic, mostly stop
    and doesn't go out. Seems to run ok, no problems so far,other than the light being on.
    2.I found the ECU on the right inside(pass. compartment) but no window to check codes.
    Any suggestions?
    Codes will be displayed iether by a blinking led light on the computer or by the check enging light flashing .also check if the system is obd1 or obd2 , obd 2 systems require a scan tool , you will find this information on the catalyst sticker under the hood , it will say obd1 or obd2 certified.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Jump the 2-P Service Check Connector (SCC), which is located under the dash in a rubber mount, with a paper clip. Use a small screwdriver to carefully pry the SCC from the mount. The mount is about 1" to the left of the right kick panel.

This should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-18139.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90 Civic ECU Light doesn't Turn ON [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a 1990 Honda Civic DX HB and it won't crank over (Wont Start) I've Tried everything so that the ECU light would turn on I did the following to the car I Chance the ECU, Alternator, Distributer, Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, and Starter and I still have no luck I then found out that...

Check engine light on a 97 honda civic [ 6 Answers ]

What are some of the reasons for the check engine light to come on in a 97 honda civic , I have already changed the upper and lower o2 sensors ?

'93 Honda Civic EX coupe: speedometer & check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

Recently the speedometer failed but the instrument cluster lights up OK. Additionally the check engine light has come on. How to proceed diagnosising both issues? Thank you for any help!

Honda civic 01 engine check & srs light [ 0 Answers ]

My srs dummy light has been on 4 about 2 weeks now, and today check engine light is also on car seems sluggish and once it almost died. Please help also should I not drive it at all?? Thanks helpless in w. sac::confused: :( :eek:

89 civic Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 89 civic. It was swap with a 91 crx hf. The check engine light came on. It sort of stall a little then starts. I want to know what I should check.

View more questions Search