Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike1026 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Replace seat in Shower Faucet
    I have an American Standard 2 Handle Shower faucet. I am familiar with replacing the washer, stem and handles. It looks like there is a small break on the seat of this faucet.
    Question, is the seat replacable and how do you remove it? Model # I believe is 1800 or 1805. Thanks in advance for your help!!
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 1, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Yes, there is a tool for the seat. If there is a break, you MUST change it out; it will rip the gasket off the new stem in no time if you don't.

There is another way, and it's not so easy to do. Get a medium to large-sized regular screw driver, and insert it into the corners inside the seat; make sure it fits snug! Be firm, but not beat on the screw driver a few times.

Now, turn the screw-driver counter-clockwise. If it doesn't move, give it another whack with the hammer and try again. If it still won't move, STOP, as you will "round" the hexagon shape of the seat. Then go buy a seat removal tool-- the hardware store should know what you are talking about, and it isn't too expensive.

XenoSapien
    mike1026 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll tackle this tomorrow.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 1, 2007, 03:29 PM
    My pleasure :).

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS14 carb? [ 14 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in front...

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS 14? [ 3 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in...

Cracked grout on shower seat [ 1 Answers ]

I am seeking some information regarding a shower seat problem that I have. I'm in a new house (about 8 months old), and the grout at the top of my shower seat (where the top meets the front face) keeps cracking and I believe the tile itself is moving/buckling. I had the same problem in my...

How can I replace worn o rings in a shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I replace worn o rings in a shower faucet? Can anyone explain, please?

View more questions Search