Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tip302327 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 09:25 AM
    No start 91 Civic
    1991 Honda Civiv dual point injection system. No start

Have checked the following. Main relay, test OK with 3 clicks. Has spark. Swaped Computer. Suspect no power to injectors since system has fuel pressure. Intake is dry.
    Don't have a noid light to verify power to injectors. If no power to injectors, what would be the next step. Thanks in advance for any info. Tim
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 09:51 AM
    . Check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter.
    . Check for codes; e.g. Code 16.
    . Read sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html
    tip302327 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Have checked all fuses > good. No error codes are logged since I just did an engine swap and system had no power for days. Next step?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Follow steps outlined in the links.
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tip302327
    1991 Honda Civiv dual point injection system. No start

Have checked the following. Main relay, test ok with 3 clicks. Has spark. Swaped Computer. Suspect no power to injectors since system has fuel pressure. Intake is dry.
    don't have a noid light to verify power to injectors. If no power to injectors, what would be the next step. Thanks in advance for any info. Tim
    Try cranking engine for 10 seconds - this should be long enough to set a code. The dual point injection runs the fuel pump and 12v+ to the injectors on the same line. If main relay is bad (or injector resistance) you will get a code 16. -->replace main relay

If no code, take a long flathead screwdriver and touch it on to the metal housing of the injectors and tap the screwdriver with a hammer a few times to jolt the pintles free. Since you indicated you swapped the engine, your injectors may be stuck. I've seen that many times on junkyard engines.

Do you have spark?
    razzle346 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    The link helped me identify and fix one of my problems. Thanks a bunch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 civic - won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My son's 94 civic has an ongoing problem with starting(fuel pump won't run). I have read several of the posts concerning this problem. The main relay is not energizing when the key is turned on. The only wire in the harness that is getting voltage is pin 1 when the key is on. I took the relay out...

95 Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I recently wanted to start driving my civic again tryied to jump start it, wouldn't start. I replaced the starter yesterday it started right up drove it for about 20min worked great. Then this afternoon, tried to start it nothing, so I let it roll down the hill and popped the clutch and it...

99 civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1999 honda civic lx won't start. I turn the key and the engine sounds like it wants to start but it won't turn over. When I try to restart it it cranks less and when try to restart it a third time the engine won't even crank. I just got a major tune-up so could it be the starter or battery? Can...

Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 honda civic. I hit a couple of big rocks and my oil light came on. So I checked for loss of oil and there is none. So I drove for about mile and the car shut off and now it woun't start. What do you think the problem is.

Civic dx 93 won't start [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, My civic won't start. I performed most tests discussed in other similar threads and here are my observations -I get fire at the 4 spark plugs (I changed the plugs about 3 months ago and they're covered by carbon deposits) -I get fuel when trying to start the engine Is timing wrong? ...

View more questions Search