Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milotubbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 06:05 AM
    failed gass gauge and temperature gauge on 1988 Nissan Pathfinder
    I have a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. The gas gauge and the temperature gauge would stop working at the same time when the car warmed up. They both would come back on periodically and then off again. Currently they have not come back on in about 3 months. How do I fix this problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Here's what I would first try, since it's the easiest. Remove and clean Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sending Unit connector. If this solves the problem, you know it's standard corrosion; if not, it may mean tearing into and replacing the whole gauge assembly. If this is successful, do the same thing for the Fuel Gauge Sending Unit connector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1988 nissan pathfinder door lock problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1988 nissan pathfinder se. and my key won't unlock my door. The reason is because inside of the door there is a pice of plastic with two sharp ends poking out the sides. And what that does is pushes into a round metal piece which pulls up the lock when the key is turned. However the one...

Max Subpanel amerage given 4 gauge copper [ 4 Answers ]

I have a subpanel in the garage that is connected to the main panel on the side of the house. The current line is 4 gauge copper and runs about 50 ft. The current subpanel is fed by a 50amp 220v breaker. I'd like to be able to add a split unit AC to the garage that would pull 20amps, and I use...

Oil Pressure gauge, going bad? [ 2 Answers ]

My f-150 has only 77.000 original miles,I'm the 2nd owner. Previous owned said not to freak out when I came to a stop and the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing,that it had always done this. I've put 3,000 miles on it since and it does the same thing with me,but it doesn't seem to be going dry of...

View more questions Search