Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brownbillzoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 07:01 AM
    1997 dodge caravan
    It is hestant when taking off from a stop sign and then again at high speedsthe service engine light is now on
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 07:45 AM
    . Check for codes. AutoZone will do this for free.
    . Begin by replacing spark plugs. Use the exact plug that originally came in the vehicle.

Read Owner's Manual for how to reset the Service Engine Light. Ensure you are changing the oil and filter and other regularly scheduled maintenance items when recommended. Pay particular attention to changing transmission fluid & filter and coolant.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Next, I would change the fuel filter--this is a must! Make sure the air filter has been changed in the last 30,000 miles. Go over the electrical system, replacing spark plug wires, rotor, distributor cap, and coil. Also, check for any vacuum leaks and replace the PCV valve. Add fuel injector cleaner to the gas; e.g. Shell Regane or Chevron Techron. Be sure and check for any diagnostic trouble codes, using a scan tool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge caravan Radio /CD player not working [ 0 Answers ]

After installing pyle dvd player and wired FM modulator my factory installed radio stopped working. I used the cigarette lighter wires for dvd player and modulator. I have used only two wire(which shows 12V while ignition is on) from the three connected to lighter. Third one is cut and unused....

No power from 96' Dodge Caravan [ 2 Answers ]

Lately, after idling at a stop sign, my 96' Dodge Caravan has very little power when I push on the gas. I have to push the gas pedal quite a ways down before it will even go. It doesn't always do it, but enough for me to know something's wrong. (It has over 100,000 miles on it if that helps) I'm...

2000 Dodge caravan [ 1 Answers ]

When I hit the breaks the doors unlock and lock and the interior lights blink. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

View more questions Search