Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmitB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 08:59 AM
    L1 visa with Joint-venture?
    I need to know the feasibility of an L1 visa in the following situation:

I have been an employee of a company for the past 1 year,and now am starting a USA LLC of my own.I want to have a joint-venture in the US between my LLC and the company with whom I am still employed,in order to open a new office in USA on an L1 visa.Is it possible to be employed by a company & simultaneously have my own company,which will enter into a JV with my employer,for the purpose of transferring me to the US on an L1 visa?Does the company abroad have to be majority partner or can both companies be equal partners?
    Can I be a part-time employee of the company abroad and still legally start my own US LLC,for purposes of JV and L1 visa?
    onortega Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitB
    I need to know the feasibility of an L1 visa in the following situation:

I have been an employee of a company for the past 1 year,and now am starting a USA LLC of my own.I want to have a joint-venture in the US between my LLC and the company with whom i am still employed,in order to open a new office in USA on an L1 visa.Is it possible to be employed by a company & simultaneously have my own company,which will enter into a JV with my employer,for the purpose of transferring me to the US on an L1 visa?Does the company abroad have to be majority partner or can both companies be equal partners?
    Can i be a part-time employee of the company abroad and still legally start my own US LLC,for purposes of JV and L1 visa?
    What you are proposing is feasible, but it must be set-up and handled properly, because there is a lot that could go wrong with the presentation of this case. Additionally, you are going to need good tax advice (and immigration advice) on the multinational nature of the project BEFORE proceeding to set up your LLC.
    US Immigration - US Visas - US Business Immigration Lawyers - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 Visa:NY Return:Filing joint or separate? [ 1 Answers ]

I am claiming my dependent on 1040NR and I am checking the box "Married Resident of Canada". What does this imply on my NY return then as there is no such option? Is it filing separately or jointly? There is no option on 1040NR that states married filing joint return or married filing separately so...

I was on L1 visa want to file joint return. I want to apply for ITIN for spouse [ 4 Answers ]

I was in US(california) from march 2006 - jan 2007 on L1. My wife and kid were on L2. They don't have SSN (I think now its possible to get ssn on L2 ). Now I am back in India and want to file my return with both of them as my dependent. So I think I will have to file W7 for both of them to get...

Property purchasing advantages of Joint venture vs corporatopn [ 2 Answers ]

Me and a buddy are looking at buying 70 acres of open land in Washington. He wants to buy it either by forming a corporation or Joint Venture. I am putting up all the money to pay it off and he will reimburse me for his 1/2 making payments. Is there any advantage to us buying it his way over just...

View more questions Search