Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CivicNoob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
    1990 honda civic dx hxbk w/91 CRX Si eng. Swap won't start
    A few days ago my car started acting funny when I tried to start it. It was acting as if the battery didn't have enough juice to crank the motor. I let it sit for 15 seconds, tried again, and was on my way. It did the same thing a few more times and finally on Tuesday wouldn't start at all.

I'm new to honda's but I've owned American Muscle before so I know a bit about cars. This problem led me to one of three things: dead battery due to alternator, dead starter or starter solenoid. I tried jumping the battery with my friends car, no dice, it didn't work. This led me to believe my battery wasn't the issue. ( I can power on everything in my car, radio, lights, fan, the starter just won't engage). So, I figured I'd give one more shot at the battery, I bought a new one, put it in, same thing, starter won't turn over.

There's a fuse labeled starter/alternator, not blown. So, knowing that my battery isn't the issue it leads me to believe something is awry with my starter. I have a friend who told me there is a starter relay switch that could be blown? However, as I said, I know nothing of Honda's so I don't have a clue where to begin looking! I looked at the starter and there's the positive lead from the battery, another cable that is routed somewhere I can't see( I'm assuming to a negative ground somewhere) and then one more cable coming off what I assume to be the solenoid. Also, when I try starting the car, there is no clicking from the solenoid as described in this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

I've done a bit of research but can't find any definitive answers! Suggestions anyone?

Thanks for your help!
    CivicNoob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Yup, new starter fixed it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic 1.5 DX won't start!HELP! [ 134 Answers ]

OK I recently bought a 1990 honda civic hb 5speed non v-tec... it won't start and if it does it doesn't stay running long at all. Replaced the distributor and put a brand new computer in it... still won't run.. I'm getting spark into the distributor but none out... any ideas? Thanks in advance

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

1990 CRX no start, read the FAQ's... [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here we go…. 1990 CRX DX 1.5 Manual Trans, Canada Driving to work the other morning, came to a stop and my 1990 CRX quit. I tried to re-start but it would not fire. Rolls over just fine but not even a hint of starting. Got it back home and broke out the Honda manual.. Yes, I have the...

View more questions Search