Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bionic bruce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 09:12 AM
    2001 Honda Odyssey Diagnostic Trouble Code PO740
    My wife's 2001 Honda Odyssey shows a check engine light trouble code of PO 740. A summary of service bulletin 05012004 says: Don't replace the solenoid if troubleshooting an A/T with diagnostic trouble code PO740 (lockup control system). What does the actual bulletin say to do? Thank you.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Before considering replacing the transmission, take a look at this:

From Honda Service News:

"DTC P0740 Set? Check for Contaminated Solenoids

If you're servicing a '02 Civic with A/T, and DTC P0740 (problem in lock-up control system) is set, check for contaminated solenoids before you replace the A/T (see page 14-69 of the 2001–02 Civic S/M.) If the torque converter clutch solenoid
    valve or the A/T clutch pressure solenoid valves A and B are contaminated, replace them.

Honda Transmission Manufacturing's Market Quality department analyzed 12 A/Ts that were replaced for this DTC. Here's what they found:

• 11 of the 12 A/Ts had contaminated solenoids
    • After replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid valve and the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B on all 12 A/Ts, only one had a comeback for DTC P0740."

Source: Honda Odyssey Club

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 XL Honda Odyssey code for radio [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I purchased a used Honda Odyssey a few months ago. Well, I had the radio on while I was outside and didn't notice that the side mirror defrost button was on. Needless to say, it wasn't long before my battery was completely dead.:eek: So I read my manual and apparently I need to punch...

Diagnostic code-P1009 for 2005 Honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what the diagnostic code 'P1009' means. I have a 2005 Honda Accord. Thanks

2001 Cadillac with diagnostic code P0741 [ 0 Answers ]

My 2001 Cadillac DHS has Service Engine Soon alert with the code of P0741. Just a week ago I had a transmission service at 75,000 miles. From the drivers viewpoint the car is operating just great. My Cadillac dealer wants $3800 for a new transmission, $4000 to fix the particular problem. I've...

Possible causes of diagnostic code P1456 200 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Fuel Tank System)

View more questions Search