Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie0000 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Honda Civic odometer & speedometer problems
    I have a 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I've noticed about 10 times in the past 5 years of driving this car that the speedometer instantly drops about 10 mph, and then resumes normal operation. A new problem this year is that the odometer light is not working. Is this a sign of something that needs to be fixed (before something else breaks)?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Have your trusted mechanic look at this for you as you do not want this light to go out while driving at night, nor do you not need to know how fast you are going. There is definitely something loose or the speedometer is going to stop working altogether soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken speedometer 94 Honda Civic [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. Just last week, the speedometer on my 94 Honda Civic DX started malfunctioning. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it does work, it looks like there is no problem at all. So basically it's either at 0 or at the correct speed. What's wrong with my car? Everything else seems...

Speedometer/odometer problem [ 9 Answers ]

I took my car in for new tires and a new battery. When I got it back, I discovered that neither the odometer nor speedometer were working. I raised this with the shop and they claim that nothing that they did could possibly have impacted the speedometer function. I find it rather too...

95 Honda Accord Odometer problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a well maintained 95 Honda Accord wagon and everything works perfectly except for the odometer. The speedometer functions properly as do all the other gauges. This problem started after I had the transmission replaced at 190,000. When I got the vehicle back from the shop the odometer...

Speedometer and Odometer Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1987 Ford Falcon. The speedometer consistently reads 15km/hr under. Would this also make the odometer run slow or would it not likely affect the odometer? Thanks in advance, Pj

View more questions Search