Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daphnee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:51 AM
    1998 civic start problems
    My 1998 Honda Civic LX has starting problems. When I turn the key into the ignition it will stall 2 times and then start. Any ideas on what could be the problem?
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 24, 2007, 07:04 AM
    It could use a good throttle body cleaning, a full tune up, a fuel pressure inspection by a pro when cold and after sitting all night, it may need an ECT (TW) sensor but that can be tested. Start there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 civic - idle/stalling/start problems [ 4 Answers ]

"HI, Recently bought 2000 civic 113,000 mi. First problem, surging, check engine light on. Went to autozone for free diagnostic Read code P0505, they said ICV needs replacing. Went back to dealer (under 30 day warranty) and he said it was a malfunction in the system, requiring cleaning...

1998 Civic won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I disconnected the battery when I went on vacation a week ago and then reconnected it when I got back . It started fine and then two days ago it sounded like it was struggling to turn over but it did manage to start. Now it won't start at all. Yesterday it sounded like it was just about to start...

2000 civic ex, cold start problems, runs fine otherwise [ 18 Answers ]

I need help, I read so many posts on here, TXgreasemokey seemed to be most helpful. Here is my situation I have 2000 civic EX, runs great normally never had an issue, Maintenance has been done at or before every interval. And I do have a mechanic in the family to help with things. I started...

1998 Civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My car just recenyly died. I drove it to work one day and it worked fine, only problem was that it took a few turns of the key to get it started. The next thing I know it won't start at all. I searched around and seen that a main relay may cause this so I bought a new one and it didn't help. ...

My civic ex 1998 doesn't start :( [ 3 Answers ]

Guys, I have a problem, my civic has always been reliable, never gave me a problem, but the one I have starte like this: a few days ago I strated the car as usual to go to work, and the car had ignition but was a slow kind of ignition, but it started, the next day it did it the same way but slower...

View more questions Search