Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gromster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 08:48 PM
    P0340 Error code
    Hi,

I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring convertible with a 2.7 liter engine. The check engine light keeps coming on. A friend who manages a lube shop checked the code and what came up is P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A-Bank 1 Circuit Manfunction.

The check engine light had gone off for a few days before I took it into him to do the oil change, radator flush, etc. I had, had trouble with no power while driving and it stalling when I was stopped at a light. I added fuel injector cleaner and that problem stopped I thought it had also stopped the engine light from coming on.

I bought an extended warranty through Car Max that is good until 2010 or 96,000 miles, I currently have 66,000 miles on the car. Is this something I need to worry about? Is there something I can do without taking it in and spending a minimum of $75 to have it checked.

mjr0112 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Take it in, cam sensors are very common problem in 2.7. If your sensor goes out completely, it can lead to a no start condition and leave you stranded somewhere. If you have a max care, a cam sensor is covered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error code 008 [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I try to send mail I find this message "Oops" error code 008 try in few minutes

Ecm error light code [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 91 honda civic hatchback dx. So here is my problem... the car runs and revs up perfectly fine when it's cold but as soon as it warms up and ypu try too rev it up it bogs out as if it's getting too much air or too much fuel. The ecm light blinks 16 times constant them stops then...

Po445 error code [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this code? Just had the PCM replaced and then got this error. Thanks

View more questions Search