Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trishashaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Fixed and variable costs
    When other factors are constant, what is the effect on profits of an increase in fixed costs? Of a decrease in variable costs?
    Meers61 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
    If all other factors remain constant, an increase in fixed costs always increases
    The number of units needed to break even.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed costs vs. Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please check my answers. -Classify each of the following items of factory overhead as either a fixed or a variable cost. (Include any costs you consider to be semivariable within the variable category) a. Indirect labor- fixed costs could be variable under certain circumstances b....

Fixed Vs. Variable Costs [ 4 Answers ]

What are they and what is the difference? Thanks!

Fixed costs vs. Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Which are which? Futon Factory Power to operate tools-variable Cloth to cover the futon frame-fixed Salary of factory receptionist-fixed Cost of food and dec for a work party-variable fuel for forklift-variable depreciation for factory-fixed depreciation for factory equipment-variable...

Fixed vs. Variable Costs [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having trouble identifying the following items as a fixed or variable cost. Can anyone please help?? Here are the items and what I think they are, but I'm not completely sure: Indirect materials--variable Overtime premium pay--variable Polishing compounds--variable Employer's payroll...

Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that X Company has total variable costs of $90,000 when 30,000 units are sold. If 50,000 units were sold, total variable costs would be: a. $100,000 b. $120,000 c. $130,000 d. $150,000

View more questions Search