Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kevin Browne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Starting Painting Business
    I want to start my own painting business and do not know how, or where to start? Boston
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Well first you need to learn. I suggest score.org and sba.gov as good starting points with lots of info and help to get a startup business off the ground.
    Christy Caley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Check out the resources available from the above answer

Then...

Start telling everyone you know, meet or come into contact with that you are starting a business. Market your services everywhere you go.

Contact an accountant and set up a consultation appointment.

Find out if licensing is needed in your area.

Download a free business plan from Microsoft Downloads and start filling it out. (Failing to plan is planning to fail).

Decide on your business name and get quality business cards made.

Register your business name with your local government. Make sure your name is available before having those cards printed ;)

Find online message boards where painting companies offer each other support

Contact insurance companies to acquire liablility insurance.

Hit the pavement and start selling your business

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need advice [ 7 Answers ]

I have about $1000-$2000 to start, a partner to help with paint experience but I have never started a business and need to know the basics. Do I need a license? How do I get started in finding customers? What else do I need that I might not be thinking of? If I could get some help, I would...

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my...

How to start own business in painting [ 2 Answers ]

My Brother has most of all the equiptment to start his own painting business he bought everything used from his friend that pass away not to long ago,but he never got to ask on how to get all the insurance first Workers Comp,City Lic,etc.. Can someone tell us how to go by that,And were do we go...

Starting a business at a young age [ 4 Answers ]

I am starting a computer business and I am only 16, my question is "will people trust me although i am young" will I get any business at all please respond thank you..

View more questions Search