Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa Noble Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Starting a cleaning business
    I have worked in the cleaning business for 10 years as an employee.
    I have given bids and know the ins and outs. I need to know how to get bonded and insured for myself.
    Angel_Wings Posts: 105, Reputation: 13

Oct 11, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I'm not sure.
    You might try calling an insurance company or two and ask them.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Easy, just call an agent, ask how much liability ins cost, he should ask you questions like how much ins, how many employees if any, expected gross sales, etc. Also he will ask or you should if he does not, if you are required to buy worker's compensation ins -- ask him what the legal requirements are in your state for workers comp. He will ask if you have a commercial vehicle or other property such as buffers, mops, buckets, other tools you may want to insure for fire, theft, etc. As to the bond, well, there probably is no statute or law that requires a "surety"bond of you - surety bonds are extensions of credit and not insurance and must be required by some city, state, etc for you to engage in the cleaning business - I have never known of any such requirement. Then there are traditional "fidelity" bonds that are insurance contracts that reimburse you, the employer, for your loss of your propertty caused by dishonest acts of your employers. If you have no employees then you do not need a fidelity bond. There is a bond that does not fall within surety or fidelity categories. Rather it's a bond written by many surety/insurance companies that I call a form of fidelity insurance that would, for example, 1) offer you the opportunity to say that you were "bonded" 2) offer you some limited protection in the event one of your employees (not you the owner), were to be convicted in a court of law of stealing from one of your clients. This bond has very few claims as one must not simply accuse your employee but must actually seek and obtain criminal prosecution in a court of law. I trust this info helps you. You best bet is to sit down with a couple of agents and discuss your specific plans as there may be other coveages you might want to consider.
    shaft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I am trying to start my on cleaning service and I was told the I am going to need a bond license to start with I need to know it this is true and how do I go by getting it.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
    A bond is something you buy from an ins company (see my first answer) and a license is something you buy from a city, state, county that gives you authority to operate a business. I don't know what a "bond license" is .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a cleaning business [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get bonded and insured? And do I need to obtain a license to start up this business?

Starting a cleaning company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start a home cleaning service in uk as my a second and have friends who is willing to help, I drive but my friend doesn't would that be a problem? Also I would like to know what types of equipments I need (hoover , mop etc) and how many I will need to start with?also how many...

Starting cleaning service [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Interested in starting a cleaning service in Georgia. What should I do first? Do I need a business license or a permit? What is the best way to star this business? Can I start this business from home?

Starting a office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking into starting my own office cleaning business. My question is when your first starting and you have NO current customer's to use as references. How can you tell a potential customer that you have NO customer's at this time, and at the same time assure them you can do the work? ...

View more questions Search