Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysimon22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 12:54 PM
    My daughter father
    My year old baby girls bilogical father is not on her birth certificate. Can my current boyfriend, who I'm pregnant by now, adopt her without her bilogicals permission or approval? Can her bilogical dad get rights without proof that he is really her daddy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 01:06 PM
    No, your new boyfriend can not adopt unless the real father signs away his rights.

The biofather unless you merely agree he is the father will require a DNA test and then can sue for visitiatons and the such.

You should have course be getting child support for your child from him.

The not being on the birth certificate merely means he will have to have a DNA test done to prove he is the father, he stlll holds all legal rights as the bio father.
    HelpfulTruth Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2011, 09:03 PM
    Yes, I was 7 when my mothers boyfriend (now ex-husband) adopted me, my biological father was banned from any contact or relations with me, therefore not allowed to sign the legal papers, yet my mothers "boyfriend" was granted permission by the court that he was eligible to adopt me, even if they weren't yet married. Odd, but true. Though her case may be different than mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Father brainwashing daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I don't normally visit sites like this, but I'm at my wits end! I have a 12 year old daughter and share joint legal and joint physical custody with her father. She lives with me for 2 weeks and then with him for 2 weeks. I am 34 and married. He is 40 and unmarried. I feel that he has...

Father and daughter relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 30 year old woman. Does anyone here think it is normal for a father not to be there emotionally/psychologically for their daughter? Before my mother died a few years ago my father never had much time for me. When he did he usually used this time to put me down by calling me a waster and...

Father/Daughter dance... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about the father/daughter dance... is it proper for the bride to dance with her new husband's father during the father/daughter dance? The reason I am asking is because I am not too crazy about my new sister-in-law... well during the father/daughter dance, about 1/2 way...

Ia father needs advice to keep daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I am raising my 4 yr daughter without her mother. The mother was released from prison and currently lives with her parents. The mother and I were never married, and after being together 15 yrs. She finally became pregnant and we had a girl.. When our daughter was 1 the mother started using drugs...

View more questions Search