Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nob0dy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Belly button piercing
    How can I pierce my belly button myself? How can I set the needle? :confused:
    sailing281 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nob0dy
    How can i pierce my belly button myself? How can i set the needle? :confused:
    Don't do it. I did it years ago.. twice and it came out (or ripped out) twice. The only way for you to do it right is to get it done professionally.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Not to mention running the risk of giving yourself a very bad infection.

Please have professionals do this for you.
    nob0dy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 02:48 PM
    I know, but my parents won't let me, and then I can't have it done professionally, unless I lie about my age:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Then don't do it. You could cause serious damage if you do it yourself. Not to mention the consequences with your parents if you have to go to the hospital because of an infection.
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2007, 02:54 PM
    That is stupid to even think about!! My parents didn't let me either so I toughened up and waited until I was old enough. Its no big deal all it is, is a piece of freakin metal. And if you are thinking of doing it yourself and something goes wrong then what? You still have to tell your parents what a stupid decision you made and then they will get mad at you, quit crying about it and wait.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 4, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Yeah definitely don't do it. I had mine done by a supposed professional, and it hurt really bad. I don't know if she did it wrong, but I fought an infection on it for the whole time I had it... about 4 months, and I was so happy to get rid of it!

You need to wait until you are of an appropriate age for your parents to allow you to get a piercing... You may not like it, but you need to respect their decisions until you are a legal adult.
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Yeah mine was infected the whole time to, thinking I just took longer to heal but by the time it came out I was soooo happy
    alyssapentz23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Please don't do it yourself I did it myself with the help of friends 10 days later it ripped out. It hurt like a . That's why professional do it with a hollow needle, and know what they are doing... n I got it done again 3 dayys ago it hurt like a , because scar tissue, when I did it myself it was almost 3 years ago it still hurt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Belly Button Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm only 13 and I want my belly button pierced and I'm wondering if I should get it done now or wait a few years? Is it good to get it done in a specific time of year or does it not matter I really am looking for some answers please help!! :cool:

Belly Button Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a belly button piercing for about 5 months now and it is taking a very long time to heel. I was told to use Mecca to help it heel but it has been discontinued, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

View more questions Search