Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nini89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 08:45 PM
    Ear cartilage piercing swelling
    I recently got my cartilage pierced. One day, it was normal and the next I couldn't move the earring back and forth to clean it. What does this mean?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 07:32 AM

Possibly infection. Is the earring that you have in "surgical stainless steel"?

And did you get the piercing done by a professional/reputable person?
    nini89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 04:22 PM
    I got it done at claires. I've got a white gold earring in it right now..
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 07:16 AM

Remove the earring, clean the hole area well, sterilize the earring and put it back in. See how things go for the next couple days.
    mamabot119 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 06:30 AM
    I have the same problem. And there's no way I can remove it and put it back in. Way too painful. Any other suggestions? My boyfriend says I should just take it out for good @ this point.
    shannon.deller Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 05:08 AM
    Its infected.. I work at the 'tattoo and piecing' shop.. in hobart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear cartilage piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago. The stud they used always tangled my hair and caused incredible pain. My brother convinced me to put a hoop in instead. After an hour of prying off the stud and inserting the hoop it seemed to feel a bit better. All day today I have been miserable! I can't...

Ear cartilage piercing pimple [ 3 Answers ]

Help me! I've got no idea to solve my ear cartilage pimple behind my ear besides polysporin and alcohol, can you help me if you know what I'm talking about. Thanks again :P

Ear cartilage piercing infection old [ 0 Answers ]

I had a cartilage piercing more than 2 years ago, and it never healed. It hurt a lot few days after the piercing, it got swollen, and every time I attempted to clean the wound, it felt like making another piercing putting the earring on. I never went back to check with my piercer, and eventually I...

I have a pimple above my ear cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Help me!! I have a pimple above my ear cartilage piercing amd I'm not sure what to do. Do you guys have any home remedies? Thanks

View more questions Search