Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waningmoth Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Cartilage piercing
    I somehow managed to get to 18 without any piercings, mainly because I have an anxiety disorder that prevented me.
    Now its more manageble and I really want regular lobe piercings and a helix on my right ear, quite high up (some where between a regular and a forward)

I'm definitely getting it done with a needle and cbr (probarbly 16 gauge) and know exactly how to take care of it :-)

But I also happen to be a huge wimp, feaked out over the tb jab and used to get fillings without novocain (quite a few years ago though) becase I had a bad experience with a dentist lol I wouldn't know how I delt with injections now as my dentist uses a numbing gel before the needle

Anyway, what sort of pain should I expect anything its comparable to?
    Also what does the healing pain feel like?

And please no answers that say a gun is better it ISN'T
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 12:20 PM

Well, I've only got my nose pierced with the needle so I can't say how much it would hurt for the piercings that you want but for me, the clamp they used to hold my nose hurt more than the needle going through. And I found that bactracin gets rid of the pain pretty well and it prevents infection.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 12:20 PM
    I forgot to add that the needle didn't hurt me at all, but then again, that was my nose. I got my ears pierced when I was 4 so I don't remember if it hurt or not

Dec 4, 2008, 12:29 PM

Thanks ill keep that in mind!
    amzster08 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I am 18 and have 10 piercings. Not a freak, I just happen to like them. I've got my cartilage pierced once in one ear and twice in the other, my nose, tragus, bellybutton, etc.. I don't recommend this to people who can't tolerate pain, and everyone winces when I tell them anyway, but I did both my nose and all three cartilage by myself. I just took a stud (like you get your regular ear lobes pierced with) and pushed them through. My nose hurt a little after but not as I did it, and my cartilage was the same. Because you don't have as many nerves at the top of your ear you shouldn't feel as much pain as other places. I got my tragus done with a needle and the girl I went to wasn't the best but if she had done it like she was supposed to I wouldn't have felt hardly anything, so NEEDLES ARE NOT BAD! GOOD LUCK!!
    amzster08 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
    I forgot to add... as long as you keep it clean while it's healing and turn the earring or bar or whatever you put up there, it shouldn't get infected. Even if it gets infected it hurts something like a big red sore zit (for lack of better example). Plus the pain getting it done? If the piercer is good, it will feel kind hot, as in there's blood up there and it's just pumping kind of fast, and be kind of numb after. It should NOT gush blood though. It sounds disgusting though, I'll warn you. If they do it fast, however, you probably will not hear a thing!

Dec 6, 2008, 09:33 AM

Also I forgot to add that I suffer from panic attacks and emetaphobia(fear of vomiting) would this be a problem?
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 10:33 AM

Bring a friend with you so you have someone to distract you. I brought one of my friends just because it was my first piercing in 21 years. Lol. It helped because she has her medusa pierced and her anti eyebrow and she's got snakebites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between...

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 9 days ago and it seemed to be fine. Now it's red and is tender. There isn't any puss or scabs but it hurts to touch or lay on. Is this normal or is it infected? :confused:

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my left cartilage pierced 1 week and 3 days ago, it is still painful and I still cannot sleep on it. They told me to use Antibactieral Hand Soap on it, but I just couldn't, afraid that I wouldn't get it rinsed good enough. I have used alcohol and ear care stuff. I can move the ring around...

Cartilage piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I`m 14 and I got my nose pierced about a month ago and there's this little bump that's red at the side. I've bin reading about keloids and I'm kind of scared that it is one and I'm not sure how to treat it yet. I also want to get my ear cartilage pierced but now I fear of getting a keloid. Will I...

View more questions Search