Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyoko Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Should I remove a Keloid scar (piercing scar tissue)?
    I had a navel piercing a year ago. Unfortunately, it somehow got inflamed and removed itself out of the skin; hence, created a scar which I believe is called the Keloid scar. I had once stopped by the piercing place to ask for professional suggestion of whether not I could be able to re-pierce it, and the recommendation came out to be a negative answer.

But I really really miss my navel piercing. I want another one very badly. Therefore, I have been thinking about removing the scar and get another piercing done after that. Would that be a positive way to do it? If so, where could I be able to get the scar removed?

Anyhow, if anyone has any better recommendation, please feel free to write me a comment. Your inputs are very welcome and appreciated.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Since your last navel piercing rejected, you probably wouldn't be a good candidate for another one. When a piercing rejects and you get it re-pierced, it usually rejects again. Sometimes it doesn't, the only way to find out is to just get it done and see what happens. If it rejects a second time though, I definitely would not get it again.

You can get the scar tissue removed or reduced through steroid injections. You get one injection per month and usually see results after about three injections (or three months :p). It may not completely take the scar away, but it should reduce it. You can ask your doctor about it. :)

Good luck and I hope it all goes well! :)
    kyoko Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I believe this is the second time I have heard of the steroid injections. Though I am not so sure about how it works and all, I do wonder where I can possibly get it done and how much it normally costs?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:47 PM
    The steroid that they inject into the scar works to flatten and smooth it. I have heard good things about the process, although the scarred area may still be slightly discolored.

Talk to your doctor about where you can get these injections. Some doctors will provide them, and some will refer you to a plastic surgeon. The cost of the procedure honestly depends on where you live and how many rounds of the injections you will need.

Good luck! :)
    shakira20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 06:48 AM
    I had my belly button done when I was 16 and it was fine when I was 17 it got blocked because I took out the bar, I re-done it again when I was 18 and then a bump started to appear I took no notice of it and left it a year on, the bump came bigger and the bar came out so I went to see my doctor who told me that he can't do anything about it, I was so upset even though I had no one to blame but myself but coming from a doctor who I thought would help me was so harsh! Now I'm 20 and I have no confidence I can't wear bikinis I can't wear tight tops because it will show through. I want to do surgery but my doctor told me that no one will touch it because its not worth it.. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED HELP!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of a keloid/scar tissue from a piercing? [ 36 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced and it rejected and now there is what the piercer says is scar tissue but it may be a keloid. How can I get rid of it? I want to pierce it again and don't want these lumps there. I had it pierced 3 times already lol. The first time had it for 3 years and had to take it...

Is getting my ears pierced safe with scar tissue in one ear lobe? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small lump of scar tissue from clip-on earrings in my right ear lobe. I am interested in getting my ears pierced, but I don't know if it will be safe. I am concerned about the earring going through or touching the scar tissue. It feels like a small, firm sphere inside my ear lobe. I don't...

Scar [ 8 Answers ]

Hello!! I need your help... I have lot scars in my legs because I never take care skin from mosquito and I am wounded when I am young. What should I do to remove this? Please help me...

Scar tissue? [ 2 Answers ]

I had Callie spayed about a month and a half ago. Her incision seemed to be healing really well. I watched for puss and redness everyday. After a month went by I slacked off a bit and when I looked at it today and it is extremely puffy, raised, red, and hard. I think it's probably scar tissue but...

Bump on bottom belly button piercing. Is this scar tissue? [ 14 Answers ]

I just got the bottom part of my belly button pierced a month ago.. It was healing fine with no problems when all of a sudden a few days ago I noticed a bump of what might be "scar tissue" that has formed next to my piercing. I am worried that my body is going to reject the piercing and it will...

View more questions Search