Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basketball_kid40 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Eyebrow and nose piercing
    Do they hurt.. I have my tongue and industrial and ears pierced.. do they hurt really bad... how long till heald
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 03:52 PM
    They didn't hurt me, but like I tell everyone else it all depends on your tolerance for pain. If you have a high tolerance for pain, it shouldn't hurt. If you have a low tolerance for pain, it may hurt.

Your tongue piercing will swell and be tender for a week or two. If you get this piercing it is best to eat ice and take ibuprofen to speed up the healing process and reduce swelling and pain.

Your eyebrow piercing will swell, but not a whole lot, and it will be a little tender for a week or so. It will take this piercing approximately 4-6 weeks to heal, if all goes well.

**EDIT** - Ok sorry, its been a long day. You already have your tongue pierced, I just realized that. :p

The nose piercing did not hurt me, but I must warn you weather it hurts or not it will bring a tear to your eye. Doesn't mean you are crying, its just a natural reaction. Due to the bacteria in your nose, it is one of the more difficult piercings to heal, but if you keep it clean it should heal with no problem. If all goes well with this piercing, it should take approximately 6-12 weeks to heal.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Industrial?
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    industrial?
    Ok this is me :p

Name:  industrial.jpg
Views: 15353
Size:  24.9 KB
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Industrial. My daughter will defintely have to wait for piercings. I am starting to feel pain.
    basketball_kid40 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 09:11 AM
    OK I'm sorry for the confusion everyone.. I have my industrial pierced already.. for about 1 year and a half... I also have my tongue and ears pierced.. but I wanted to know if the eyebrow and nose piercing hurts... how long until they are healed.and how long until I can change them out...
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by basketball_kid40
    ok im sorry for the confusion everyone..i have my industrial pierced already..for about 1 year and a half...i also have my tongue and ears pierced..but i wanted to know if the eyebrow and nose piercing hurts...how long until they are healed.and how long until i can change them out....

As a general rule, you should wait 6 weeks before changing any piercings, with the exception of a few that take longer.

The healing time for your nose is 6-12 weeks, and healing time for your eyebrow is 4-6 weeks.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    As a general rule, you should wait 6 weeks before changing any piercings, with the exception of a few that take longer.

The healing time for your nose is 6-12 weeks, and healing time for your eyebrow is 4-6 weeks.
    OUCH! Sounds painful. You can recover from a broken bone more quick, just don't add up huh?
    graphicartist05 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Well let me see, I had my eyebrow peirced a year ago, it hurt for about the time it took to pierce it, depending on where you go will tell how long it takes to heal. If you have an experienced piercer it won't swell hardly at all... well unless you pick your nose or butt and touch it... or sleep on it and it gets hung on your pillow case... or a knit sweater gets hung on it when you take it off... the list goes on. I didn't ever have one problem with mine and had little to no swelling on mine but it rinsed it with sea salt water and antibacterial handsoap (unscented) scented burns... bad. Keep it clean and wash it every time you touch it with your hands for first 6 weeks... if you don't you will look like someone hit you in the eye with a hammer. Make sure the piercer does it deep enough or scar tissue will push it out the surface and not too deep or you can hit sinus nerve and have a runny nose and eyes till it heals (if you are lucky) or could damage for the rest of your life... did I mention non stop migrain headaches to the piont of suicidal thoughts. So word of thumb,Don't DO IT YOURSELF!! Get a professional and you will forget you even have it in after it heals... good luck, don't chicken out:)
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Oct 5, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Mine came off within a couple of months. I just didn't take care of it. My bad. I'm thinking of getting one again. I look goooood haha just kidding :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nose Piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I just got my nose pierced today and I was just wondering if anybody has any tips about it... I got it on my left side.. thanks~

Questions about belly button, eyebrow, nose and tongue piercings! [ 33 Answers ]

OK, I'm not sure where to ask this exactly, so I thought at least someone who reads this may be able to relate. I really want to get my bellybutton pierced, but I do want to know the precautions, what could go wrong, could it seriously affect my health if something were to happen, and the whole...

Eyebrow help [ 6 Answers ]

I have been without eyebrows for about 11 years now and I'm only 23. I got them waxed when I was 12 and I figured I would/could do a better job than the waxer so I plucked, and plucked and plucked and now I have none! Q: Will they ever grow back or am I going to have to draw them in for the...

Nose piercing-convincing [ 5 Answers ]

I reallyy reallyy reallyy want my nose pierced. I have thought about it for a long time and I've decided that I absolutely know that I want it. My problem is that my parents are reallyy strict about piercings and they are totally against anything except for my ears. Ive talked to my mom briefly...

Does nose piercing hurt? [ 3 Answers ]

Does nose piercing hurt and how long does it take to heal and what should I clean it with

View more questions Search