Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daneyy44 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Nose piercing-convincing
    I reallyy reallyy reallyy want my nose pierced. I have thought about it for a long time and I've decided that I absolutely know that I want it. My problem is that my parents are reallyy strict about piercings and they are totally against anything except for my ears. Ive talked to my mom briefly about getting it pierced and she said no.. of course and wouldn't even listen to me. She says that nobody would hire me when I'm older because her work doesn't hire anybody with nose piercings. I already know exactly what I want to be and my future career does not conflict with a simple piercing. I donteeven have to ask my dad to know what the answer is .there is noo convincing him.. he would autoatically say no... he got mad when my mom took me to get my cartilage done. All I want in my nose is a tiny little stud that looks cute. I really want this done. I need help with what to say that would convince my parents to let me get it done! Please help. :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
    If your parents are dead set against it, there is nothing you can do to convince them. You may know what you want to do when you are grown up now, but that may change in years to come.

Also, it is not all about careers, there is a stigma with people who have piercings. No, it may not be right, but it is there all the same.

You do not mention your age, but I am sure you are under 18. Once you are 18 then you can do what you want with your body. Until then you have to follow the rules of your parents.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Are you a minor? If so, you will most likely have to wait until you are of legal age to do this on your own. If you try and go and get that piercing, the piercing place should not be piercing you. It is against the law in most states, for minors without the permission of the parents. If you did this and your parents will find out if you did, they can bring charges against the person who did the piercing.

Also, what is going to happen to you if you get infection? Do you think your parents are going to pay for any health related care due to that piercing?

If it is that important, you can wait until you are out on your own, supporting yourself with your own money. That means having your own job, in your own place. Not being 18 and still at home with your parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Well not sure what "carrer" you are thinking about, serious carrer, but you will have to get hired, and I will be honest, while people with them do get hired, it will hurt you in any job that has public contact.

Now since they can come out personally if kids want to be stupid, we all were so personally I couldn't care less, but many don't feel this way.

Now I may be confused, but do they not make a magnet one that allows you to have the look of a real one without the hole ? I though I heard of this some months ago.
    SoonToBeMumOf5 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Hun there is nothing you can do.. but what age our you? Legal age without parents concent in 16 here, but maybe its 18 for you I don't know
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 05:04 PM
    I used to want a nose pericing then I got older because my parents said no and now that I'm old enough for one I'm glad I didn't get one. They get infected easily and think about just having a normal job before your carrer you will have to take it out Trust me... Wait till your 18 and then if you still want one then get it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have blackheads on my nose... [ 6 Answers ]

How can you get rid of them?

Convincing parents into getting a dog [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog?? I realllllyyy need help on this.. thank you soooooo much xoxoox

Convincing her to meet me now [ 3 Answers ]

I have been chatting on the net and on the phone to this woman I met on a dating site a few months ago,and she was about to meet me in person but became very ill,and found out she he's cancer,and she is currently receiving chemotherapy now,but she has decided she doesn't want to meet me now in case...

Warm nose [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted a (guessing) 6 month old datsun. She weights around 5-6 lbs. The pound gave her a 7 in 1 shot, bathed her, wormed her, and gave her Ivemectin for heart worms prevention. I think they gave her around 1.5 (cc's?). They said this was the right dose for her weight. She was running around...

View more questions Search