Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worried2death Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Ac duck condensation
    It has been raining/storming off and on here in Texas since April. My wood floor is buckling in one spot between the stove and pantry. I have had 3 people tell me it's the roof causing the floor to warp that it is running down the wall across the joist and buckling the floor in this area. The roofer said we had roof damage. The Ins adjuster doesn't want it to be the roof but a plumbing leak. I called a plumber he cut away 6 or so feet of the belly insulation under our mobile home to follow the pipe. He could not find a leak. Our agent dismissed this and told us we had to call a leak detection expert. We did he too cut more of the belly insulation and still could not find a leak. Now the adjuster says it's ac duck condensation causing the floor to buckle and that's not covered.

My questions are
    The ac duck runs the length of the mobile home. The ac duct is sealed at the factory as well as covered with a belly wrap insulation which has now been cut by two plumbers and insulation is hanging now. We've never had the floor warp or buckle anywhere in this house before.
    1. This mobile home is 9 years old. Would ac duck condensation cause the floor to buckle in one spot?
    2. If this is the cause wouldn't the entire floor through out the house show signs of buckling from ac condensation?
    Thank you
    Janet
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 09:22 PM
    If the duct is just below the area where it is buckled it would be possible.

BUT I REALLY DO NOT THINK SO.
    Sounds like you could have a broken pipe since the pipes run right along side of the duct.
    Or the roof could be causing this. Leaks are hard to find especially in a MH.

Jul 7, 2007, 10:54 PM
    As soon as you stick your head under the mh and you look up the floor is wet about 6 ft long and a foot wide which is 4 to 6 ft from the ac duct. That tells us it's a roof leak. The area by the ac duct was dry till the plumber cut the belly insulation it had some water in it. There were no holes, or sags in it till the two plumbers cut it and pulled it apart. Now I'm worried about mold growing all under the mh.

We put the wood floor in 3 yrs ago which covers most of the house the adjuster knows it can't be matched and had said it want be pieced but all would have to be replaced. Our Ins adjuster wants us to have the insulation removed and look for a leak. If 2 certified plumbers can't find a leak I seriously doubt that we will find one. That's what's she's counting on for us to spend several hours and thousands of bucks. If we don't find a leak she says the replacement of insulation and belly wrap is not covered. She is convinced it's condensation that way she doesn't have to pay a claim on any of it. Were back to square one a water-damaged floor and a wind damaged roof that she doesn't want to pay on for the cause of the floor buckling. She wants us to file the roof as a second claim and we still have a damaged floor to deal with.

Does anyone know of anyone near Houston Texas that does insulation and bellywrap work or could tell us how to do it?
    Thank you
    Janet
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 8, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Try this site

mobilehomerepair.com :: Index

Jul 8, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Thank you that is a great link. They also sell the underbelly material and a how too book for DIY'ers.
    Pelican011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 12:10 PM
    I have a condensation on duct work in between the first floor and the basement close to the outside wall do you have any suggestions on how to repair it looks like about 20 feet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duck eggs [ 4 Answers ]

One duck egg in our yard is alive. My family does not want to keep it but wants to take care of it until it is ready to live on its own.What to ducks eat?:confused:

Children's Book - where you look for a little duck on each page [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Would appreciate any help in identifying a child's book that my sons had about 20+ years ago. Each double page when opene had a picture of a scene and a little yellow duck was 'hiding' in each picture in the laundry he is inside the front loading washer or maybe it was a dryer. The double...

Leaking duck work [ 2 Answers ]

Lately my a/c has been leaking around the vents in the ceiling an leaving stains an its getting worse. I went up there an it drips from the main truck an makes other stains on my ceiling I also noticed that the steams of the truck are not taped will just taping them fix my issues?

Whole Duck [ 6 Answers ]

Any tips or recipes on how to prepare duck. Thank you!

Limp Duck [ 1 Answers ]

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your Duck, Cuddles, has passed away." The distressed...

View more questions Search