Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ringostarrsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
    My girl friend's ex-husband mentally abuses her. What can I do?
    Day in and day out I find Sarah mad, upset, irritated, sad or just sobbing her eyes out... This man plays a game with her because of their common child. He pulls their daughter out of school quite often to go on "surprise trips". He will take her to late night movies till 11pm-1am, on a school night. Than does not keep up with the school work that she was made absent for. He speaks to her with a tongue that is of the utmost dis-respect. He cannot follow any schedule unless it benefits him. If a party is this weekend, he'll be sure to be there, with his daughter... and on top of the list. Tonight "he" invited his whole wealthy family over to our apartment even when Sarah told him she didn't want him there. It was like a joke to him and his family, that she used to live in this beautiful new home, drove her BMW with no love and miserable, now she is stuck in this little apt. driving a used car. I don't think its funny yet my hands are tied. Their daughter is 5, do we have 13 more years of this underhanded bad parenting? She would take him to court but she is afraid that he will win. At first glance he is picture perfect- A veteran, he has a full time job, goes to school, spoils his daughter and is wealthy beyond all means. He was just mentally damaging to Sarah. What can we do? Please tell me. I have been sitting in the shadows and watching him tear her down emotionally for to long. This has to be resolved.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 06:44 AM

She needs to take him to court and get it all straightened out in the custody/visitation order.
    She can tell the Judge what he is up to and
    That she would like to see in the custody/visitation order
    1. He is not allowed to pick her up at school.
    (Actually she can even tell the teachers and the Principal that he is not allowed to pick her up but a court order is the best bet. Many schools have a thing where you sign that grandma Jo and Aunt Lu are allowed to pick them up but the Ex and so and so are not allowed to.)
    2. He is not allowed to contact ex wife at all with exceptions...
    Follow the court order to cut down on unnecessary contact. Doctors appts, school events, real emergencies,
    3. Pick up and drop off point in a public location between ex wife's friend or family
    And ex husband or friend/family of his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am having an affair with my friend's husband [ 20 Answers ]

My friends's husband has been in love with me for the past 5 years. I have always put a stop on him, but four months ago I let go and fell in love back. I feel bad about the whole situation because of my friend, but I am extremely happy in my new relationship. What should I do?

My Best Friend's Girl [ 9 Answers ]

I’ve gotten myself into a little bit of a situation (unintentionally, I can assure you) and maybe some of the members here can help me out a little bit. In the past, I’ve found this to be an excellent website to talk through issues. Anyway, here goes: I’ve known my best friend Kyle for about 4...

Best friend's Husband accuses us of being lesbians. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in a very hurtful and angry predicament right now. My best friend of 11 years, her husband, my husband and our 4 kids are very close. However, on a recent trip to Vegas with my friend and her hubby, he got all bent out of shape and accused her and I of being lovers! Anyhow, after many...

Mentally unstable girl chasing me [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I will try and keep the story brief. I am physically attracted to a girl who I met recently. She has made no secret of the fact that she likes me also. She is doing all of the chasing. Texting, calling, emailing everyday, all day. It is too much for me. My friends know this girl and she a...

My daughter and her husband are both mentally unstable. What would you do? [ 1 Answers ]

HELLO, I AM NEW BUT I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE NOT ATTORNEYS, I JUST NEED TO RANT AND MAYBE SOMEONE WHO IS SANE WILL HAVE SOME HELPFUL ADVICE.:confused: The daughter my ex and I raised from age 9, in 1984, now has 3 children, ages 5, 7, and 11, she is bi-polar, doesn't always take her medicine. Her...

View more questions Search