Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confussed_lil_sofi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Silk nail extensions
    Hey I've been using gel nail extensions for a while but as they're very messy I want to try silk nail wraps, I know I have to stic the tip on first but that's about all I know. :confused: could anyone please tell me what I need and how I do it?
    Many thanks
    Sofi xxx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 27, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Nail wraps are pieces of silk, linen or fiberglass that have been cut to the desired shape and glued to the nail plate. The layer of fabric is applied and then one or more layers of glue are applied on top to provide strength. This tends to consist of a powder and liquid, which are mixed together to make a paste. The paste is applied to the nail with a brush, then a structure called a form is placed around the nail providing a support for the sculptured free edge. The final product is transparent provided it is applied correctly.

This takes practice. If you want to achieve good results, you should get your nails done by a nail technician. If you can't go to a nail salon, ask a friend or someone that has experience in nails to help you apply the silk wraps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning silk flowers [ 2 Answers ]

How do you clean silk flowers with something you make at home? I have purchased the products commercially but would prefer to make something at home. Spraying water on them does not clean them or make them shine... thanks. P

Acrylic vs. Silk nails [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering fake nails, but know nothing about them. What is the difference between acrylic, silk or gell set? Do they damage real nails? Which is the least damaging? I want a french manicure and understand that certain types of artificial nails have the polish in/on them and do not chip. ...

Nail polish [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a short black and white trim dress for prom. Turquoise open toe shoes and matching jewelry to shoes. What color nail polish/lipstick would look best with this?

Silk vs Acrylic nails [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best type of nails (Silk vs Acrylic)?

Nail Care [ 2 Answers ]

My nails are prone to grow ingrown and since it such an early stage as you can say I guess. Few sources suggests that I can treat it at home by the following: Soaking it in warm water twice a day. Trimming it straight  and smooth sharp edges with an emry board. Then elavate the nail and...

View more questions Search