Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

May 19, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Red spots
    So I usually deal with acne. Most of the time, the pimples pop or do whatever and heal. I have had 10-13 little dots on the right side of my cheek for about a year now. At first it wasn't really apparent, and it was like 4 small red marks. Now they're all 3d (like they stick out) and there are usually 10-13. I count them every day. Today there's 11. I've tried to find out what triggers them getting bigger and smaller, but they're always there. I don't do anything different. I just hate having to look at them and hate when people are on the right side of my face. I just wish they all would come to a head and POP! It's so unbelievably frustrating! I'm the maid of honor of a wedding in June and she wants our hair to be up, which means they'll be really visible. I hate wearing foundation. I want my face to be able to be makeup free and look healthy. One more thing. One of the red marks recently got really small and not it's a really small red mark with black in the middle. I know that might be a blackhead, but is that what it was all along, or did the large red dot turn into a blackhead. I acutally have never had a blackhead I'm just assuming it is since there's a black mark in it. Thanks for reading this and if you have any suggestions, please do share!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 19, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Hey honey, I would go see a dermatologist.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

May 20, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Well, I would have, since this is such an annoying problem, I just really don't have the time right now, and it's money I don't feel is worth spending. I just wanted to know if anyone had this problem or had a tip to get rid of it. If it gets serious, I'll bite the bullit and go to a doctor, but right now, it's just time I don't have. Thank you for the reply though! :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 20, 2007, 08:04 AM
    From your description, it sounds like blackheads or papules. This is triggered because the pores are partially blocked allowing the dead skin cells, bacteria and oils to slowly emerge to the skin surface. Your case seems a little severe and if you want your skin to clear up by June, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. The dermatologist will examine your face and decide which treatments are best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny red spots on skin [ 35 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I don't know if I have just noticed these or if they have just appeared but nonetheless I am stressed out over them. They look like someone took a tiny tiny pin and place little dots on my skin. They are hard to see unless you are pretty close the area. They are not raised and...

Red pin-like spots on body [ 1 Answers ]

Hi A couple of months ago I developed a red pin-head like rash which spread over most of the body. Yesterday, I noticed the re-appearance of the same rash on the tops of my legs and this morning it has spread to the abdomen and neck. I don't appear to have any other symptoms. I'm always...

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Red spots [ 1 Answers ]

I have red sopts around my ankles from flea bites, how do I reduce the redness of them

Red Spots [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I noticed that I have a bunch of red spots covering my entire body. They almost look like small pipples but the are not white heads, just small and read. They don't look anything like chickenpox? Could this occur from something I ate having an allergic reaction? They don't itch really...

View more questions Search