Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D4tchu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Black hair - used other dyes - ColorZAP - Will it work?
    Hi.
    I dyed my hair from dark brown to black a while ago. Since then, I've tried lighting it with other lighter brown hair dyes. Well, now I know that doesn't work. It just turned my roots orange. What I would like to know is if I use ColorZAP will it still work even though I've tried dying it other colors since the black? And also, how long should I wait to apply ColorZAP after my last dye?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 12, 2007, 08:24 PM
    You can use a hair color removal product, such as Color Zap to strip away the unwanted color. However, hair color removal products will make your hair raw and brassy, and you will need to re-color your hair in order for it to look natural.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How bad do products like ColorZap damage hair. [ 18 Answers ]

I had a really nice light brown color in my hair but it started to take on this orangy tone, so a thought I'd refresh it. I chose a brand I had never used before. It was supposed to be a "light natural brown" but it turned my hair a sort of jet black. IT'S AWFUL and I HATE it. My hair is naturally...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

Will using COLORZAP by loreal work for me? [ 9 Answers ]

I dyed my hair using semi-permanent black dye... not permanent. My hair is naturally light chestnut brown. I have been trying to wash it out for about 12 weeks now, and used Clarol's UNCOLOR system for semi-perm dyed hair(to no avail) and it is now to an odd dark red-brown color. My question...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

ColorZap on semi-permanent hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a naturally light brown hair and I dyed it semi-permanent black (by Herbal Essences). I was wondering if using ColorZap will get it lighter or down to my normal base color of light brown. I don't want to damage my hair anymore since I swim (chlorine included) five times a week. Thanks for...

View more questions Search