Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glordia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Toothpaste Scarring
    Oh my goodness! To all those people who recommended toothpaste on pimple - well, thanks for your bad recommendation!

I recently grew a pimple on my chin and with school starting soon, I wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible. I put toothpaste on it the other night. When I woke in the morning and washed it off, I noticed that the patch on which the toothpaste was put on had made my skin red and hard. Now there's an even bigger patch of red hard skin on my chin! How do I get rid of it?? PLEASE HELP!:(
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Jan 26, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Oh, that happened to me before, the best thing for a swollen red pimple is egg whits, it is not harsh and is all natural.. n som hydrocotozone to calm it down for now... hope it helps...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
    I've responded to a topic where someone told a member to use toothpaste on their acne. I've advised people not to use toothpaste on their faces, however, some people are stubborn and don't like to listen.

Try using aloe vera gel several times a day on your skin. Aloe vera gel reduces skin redness and pain, and it will help heal your skin.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Sep 25, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Lol, I've heard egg whites, egg yolks, toothpaste, mustard, pickle juice...

I think that the reason most of that stuff works... isn't in what you're washing your face with, it's the fact that people are actually starting to wash their faces on a daily basis... Lol

But either way... you shouldn't have left it on overnight. Most of the reviews say to leave it on for about 30 min to an hour, and the scars can last for up to a year. Sorry! But I haven't done a LOT of research on it, maybe you could Google "toothpaste acne scars"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney scarring [ 0 Answers ]

My husband has been ill with a bad flu and probably hooping cough. Recently he had blood in his urine and tests are being done. The doctor thinks its possibly a reaction to strong antiobiotics but that's before all tests are done. Today he got back x-rays which show that one kidney is...

View more questions Search