Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bb4 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Tanning
    OK... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work... so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine, or just wait until the summer? Also, if I do use that tanning machine how many times would I have to use it until I see some kind of a difference? (on average, I know that everyone's skin reacts differently)
    If it makes a difference I'm a male in my early 20s.

Thanks for reading!
    Maria72 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bb4
    ok..... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work....so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine, or just wait until the summer? Also, if I do use that tanning machine how many times would I have to use it until I see some kind of a difference? (on average, I know that everyone's skin reacts differently)
    if it makes a difference I'm a male in my early 20s.

thanks for reading!
    Personally I love tanning... my advice would be to go every other day for two weeks then twice a week after that... it works for me
    Good luck!
    eksutton94 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
    I tan very frequently! There's something about dark,soft skin that makes you feel great about the way you look, if you have ancne or scars it can even help to make the scars less noticeable & blend with the rest of your skin and your acne will dry and clear up so its wonderful!I absolutely love it, the paler you are the less time you should stay in there the first few times, start about five minutes and go up every other time you tan in 2 to 3 minute increments until you get up to about 15 min. after the first two times you can notice the difference. After you tan for two weeks straight you won't have to go as often 2 or 3 times a week will keep it up! Most salons and gyms have stickers Hearts, Dolphins, sun, etc. that you can stick on while you tan to tell the differerance. I STRONGLY recommend an indoor tanning lotion or bronzer, it makes your skin supppppper soft and you'll tan quicker and burn less easily. Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vitiligo and tanning [ 7 Answers ]

I have Vitiligo on about 40% of my body (for those of you who don't know, it means that those areas are without pigmentation). I would like to walk around with a nice, deep tan (I live in Florida). Could you recommend any skin stains and such that I could use, which would last a long time? ...

View more questions Search