Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brunettebabiex0x Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2004, 08:13 PM
    Pimples/blackheads
    I have pretty bad acne.. and now I'm starting to get black heads.. and I wear cover up where ever I go because I hate pimples.. I pick at them to.. I no its not good for your skin if you do that.. right now.. I use clean & clear face wash and moisturizer, neutrogena, and this stuff you put on right where you start braking out.. its called MArio Bedescu.. but none of it really seems to be working.. ive trying 100 different things and the pimples just won't go away.. does anyone have some advice?
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2004, 11:14 PM
    Re: pimples/blackheads
    g'day,
    Pimples are normal! If you don't want them then don't eat junk food! 'as they say you are what you eat!' so if you eat healthy then your body is healthy. Pimples are the body's way of leting you know your body is full of crap, from junk food, oily food and sugar. Consult your GP, they'll give you more insight into your situation. Also remember everyone's different so something that works for 1 person won't necessarily mean it will work for you.

Regards~

Pinay24 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2004, 10:39 PM
    Pimples actually hereditary or genetic. So if one of your family have pimple problem you are most likely to have pimples as well although not every one. I have pimples too but sister doesn't. Anyway for Blackheads using a facial scrub even at least once a week will helps & try not to used powdered facial products since it could get into your pores & does causes blackheads. When you washed your face use hot water(hot as much as you can help it) & cold water to finish in oreder for the pores to close & even using lemon will help as will to get rid of your pimples.

Anyway if you can find tea tree products(soap, oil for skin) the are actually good for pimples & other skin problems. I even used it sometimes & tea tree oil doesn't really mean that your face will be oily. Just use it during the night time if you are not comfortable using it during the day time.

I agree to avoid eating sweets, oily, fried, junk too, they tend to start braking your skin out with pimples. And very important things is drinking a lot of water & fresh fruit juices.
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2004, 11:55 AM
    I struggle with acne and what I've come to believe is that acne is mainly caused by "HORMONES". Birth control can play a major part in acne. Obviously because it's effecting your hormones. So if your on BC make sure you take it regularly. If you already are doing that maybe look into switching. Also give Proactiv a try, it really does "WORK". I'm almost positive that food does not affect your skin. And seriously, "DO NOT" pick at your acne because it just makes it's that much worse. It will take twice as long to heal and get rid of. If you wear cover up make sure it's oil free too. Best of luck to you brunettebabiex0x.
    carol Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2004, 05:16 AM
    Pimples/blackheads
    The good news is, greasy foods, nuts and chocolates do not cause acne. Ask your dermatologist and he will confirm this. It's really the increased testosterone level that is causing havoc to your skin. Stress, adolescence, certain birth control pills (not all, some in fact help clear up the skin), the approach of menstrual period, are some of the triggers of hormonal upheaval. Cleansing is good but do not overdo it. Twice daily should be sufficient. Using scrubs once a week can help remove dead skin cells that could clog the pores.
    For more skin care tips on how to control acne break-outs, a good source is www.godivaskincare.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blackheads - should I ignore? [ 13 Answers ]

Iam a high schooler and am plagued by blackheads. My skin doesn' thave just a few solitary blackheads easily removed by a blackhead remover, but hundreds of blackheads on my cheeks and nose. So, a blackhead extractor is not useful for me. Even if I tried, they are already too deep in my skin. I...

Blackheads.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have oily skin and have noticed that my skin is very shiny which looks slightly odd.. does anyone know how to remove blackheads? I have tried steaming the lips (thats were the blackheads appear) but my hands slipped.. I squeezed REALLY hard but that didn't work and was quite painful.....

Pimples [ 15 Answers ]

Tell me best way to get rid of pimples and acnes

Pimples [ 2 Answers ]

I just have a question about my face skin Because of my pimples I got lots of marks and I still have that pimples and it so hard to do shave. I tried ecerything to clear it but it didn't work I want to clear my skin means my pimples and that marks. How can I do it??

Pimples? [ 2 Answers ]

I have red bumps on my penis. I have had them for a couple of years now... even before my first sexual experience so I'm pretty sure its not an std. I think they are just pimples from the look of them. There's different sizes and pop just like zits do. I was just wondering if there is any way to...

View more questions Search