Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missundaztood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 06:04 PM
    Natural blonde. Dyed it black. Tried 2 go back blonde. Turned orange. HELP?!
    I am a natural blonde. About a month ago I dyed it and was hoping for a dark brown, but it turned black. Today I decided I wanted to go back blonde. After I colored it... to me is looks orange/red. It did try to go blonde in some spots though. However my mother thinks it looks like a strawberry blonde. Either way, I hate it. Since I have to wait eight weeks before I can color it again, what can I use to dull/strip this color quicker. I plan on washing it more often, but is there anything else I can do?? Please help!!
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 9, 2010, 09:15 AM

This is a big mistake a lot of people make, trying to dye their hair so dramatically. (I've been a victim too)
    It is impossible to go from black to blonde hair in one dye job. You need to take steps. (ex. Black to dark brown wait 2 months, dark brown to med brown. Wait 2 month... and so on) without taking steps it goes an orange colour. You can dye your hair a medium brown colour. But this is going to take quite some time to fix. Definitely go to a salon, they will help you fix this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

Black dyed to natural blonde/ brown [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm from england and I've been quoted 60 pounds to have my hair stripped, I really need it done as I have recently been a complete plonker and tried a lightener to get rid of the dye... it dyed my roots. So now I'm stuck with really light roots and black hair! It looks horrific :( I'm a...

Natural Blonde dyed black - want back to blonde [ 2 Answers ]

hey guys, my natural hair colour is a really light blonde and i started dying my hair when i was around 14, im now 18. I originally just started putting brown through my hair and red and purple but one day i decided to go black, ive had black hair for years and even though im used to it and i...

View more questions Search