Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keuria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Belly Button Piercings

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or just go back to the tattoo place and have the piercer look at it?
    grapegumxyumm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Just keep care of it for a couple of days and be sure to clean it, clean it with a q tip. Did the piercer give you anything to clean it with? Like h2ocean or something?
    aries_star Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2007, 07:17 AM
    I got my belly button done about 2months ago. I was red around the top and pussing a bit. Just bare with it and keep cleaning it. Mine is absolutely fine now. If you think its getting worse go and get it checked out.
    ladydee21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Oh! I had that happen as well and I asked on several websites but none actually knew. But it means that your belly button ring is too small. So I went to my pericer and he got me a bigger ring and now it fine but don't worry about having an odd belly button ring size because once your belly button completley heals (which would be in a couple of months depending on your body) u will be able to put the small one back in. so go back to your peircer and he will put a bigger ring for u, don't do it yourself
    angelx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 09:21 AM
    ii had my done quite a while ago now, I was 12 when I had it done I'm now 13 and the belly bar eventually fell out as the whole was to large, if the condition of my belly buton is good I'm going to get it done again when I'm 16, mine was red and swelling and a lot, and the ball was getting closer closer to the surface of my skin making the whole larger.
    Once it fell out I went to see the piercer and she said it was a cause called migration, my body was still growing, and in order to protect itself my body slowly fought the object by pushing it and healing the skin behind it to eventually force the object completely out through the skin. The piercer said the possibility of healing without scarring is very unlikely, and she was right I have got a farely sized scar left on my belly button and I don't think I will be able to get it done again :(

I hope this gave you some advice :) xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercings [ 15 Answers ]

Um.. I got a question, and I hope someone would be able to help me.. I am going to self pierce a second hole but my mom said I could do it myself so I need some advice..

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Lots of questions about the belly button [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I know I've asked a lot but I'm scared of my belly button getting infected so is it OK if I covered my peirced belly button with a bandaid for like the whole healing prosses? And how long till it heals? And how do I know it healed? And some times I get stomach ache and I get sick is it because...

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Piercings [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK I have a 4 month old industrial peircing and it has these little bumps on the ends of each hole and I use sea salt and once and a while peroxide, do anyone know what else I can do to make them go away or will they go away in time, cause I know it takes 6 months to a year to heal.

View more questions Search