Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xliu63 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
    really dirty pool
    Hi,

I bought a house with a really dirty pool since it has not been circulated for about a year with lots of algae growth. I already get most of the leaf out. I went to a few pool supply stores and they suggested to shock the pool. My question is that how effective the shock will be if the pool has lots of dead algae? I shocked the pool twice but the pool is not clear up yet. The chlorine reading is zero.

Thanks for your help. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I have a home inspector to look at the pool. He advised not to dry the pool up. The pool is about 20x40 size and surely it needs lots of water. He warned me that if I dry the pool, the pressure from underground water may push the pool up. From what I can see the pool has higher elevation compared to nearby lake. I was thinking to make the well work and then fill the pool.

I am new to lots of things and I am learning.

Sherwood
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2006, 03:00 AM
    1. Get the system up - and be sure to flush your filter, and try the shock treatment first. I'd shock it then run the chlorine drip at double the rate for awhile.

After the shock treatment, give it a good scrubbing.. . then maybe even another shock treatment depending on how well the first round went.

2. If it's an inground pool, it's not uncommon to drain them every year, so unless there's some special circumstance with your pool, then the advice to not drain it sounds odd.

Also, though, draining it will dry up the algae and make it much harder to remove... so the first route is not only easier, but more effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty Knees [ 5 Answers ]

Could anyone tell how to clen my dirty knees! I do a lot of yard work and I have small children . So over time my knees have become very dirty looking and dry . I have tried different loitions and cleansers , and although the dryness goes away they still look really dirty! Any advice or...

Dirty skin [ 17 Answers ]

This is very embarrassing! I have skin that is much darker than my normal complection. It is unfortunately due to carlessness from my youth. I scrub really hard but I can't seem to get rid of it. Please help. Please note that I can't afford expensive creams and laser treatments. How can I get rid...

How dirty girls get clean [ 2 Answers ]

How does one clean a dogs nasty ears? Is it safe to clean them yourself? :confused:

Talking Dirty?? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I hope this isn't a dumb question but what do guys want to hear in bed?  Like what "turns them on"?  What can I say that would make my guy happy?  I do not want to sound stupid though!! Please Help!  

Talking Dirty?? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this may sound retarded but yea, what do guys want to hear?  Like what can a girl say that will "turn a guy on"  ?? I don't want him to think that I'm stupid either, so can you please help me and be serious.  I looked on the internet but I really couldn't find anything to help!!

View more questions Search