Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panzaverde71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 09:26 PM
    Prenatal vitamin
    In two weeks, my pregnant wife has her first doctor appointment. In the meantime, can anyone recommend a good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin with a sufficient amount of folic acid, iron, vitamin B6, etc. Thanks.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 09:33 PM
    Materna is the top brand that is recommended for pregnancy.
    My wife is taking Materna, and she is also taking 5 mg folic acid which needs a prescription. They say that 1mg is plenty of folic acid. The only reason for extra folic acid if you have a condition like diabetes or epilepsy. Or any history of spina bifida in the family.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 10:21 PM
    My wife used the same multivit that she did before pregnant and then added folic acid supplements... but this is in part because she rarely find a multi that she can stand the smell of or its too big, etc. certainly would be easier to go w one than two.

By the way, congratulations!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamin C [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Any one know if Vitamin C alone lightens the skin?. if yes when the results can be seen? And what about the dosage? Remmember to reply:) *thanx*

Prenatal Care [ 5 Answers ]

Do I really need to take prenatal pills during my pregnancy?

Vitamin E [ 2 Answers ]

Does vitamin E (straight from a capsule) or aloe vera (straight from the plant) help in healing a burn and reduce scaring?

Too much vitamin c? [ 2 Answers ]

is 4000mg vitamin c too much. I take 1000mg glutathione 2x and 4000mg vitamin c with rosehips 2x so that'd be 2000mg glutathione and 8000mg vitamin c.. Is that too much vitamin c in a day? I want the process to go faster so I was just curious :confused:

Nursing care plan (prenatal) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was assigned to do a nursing care plan on a patient (I am a student nurse) who would like to take a regular vitamin rather than a vitamin that includes folic acid. I have 2 care plan books & none seem to have any supporting evidence of any good nursing diagnoses or plans of care in this...

View more questions Search