Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pinky_01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Tried dying hair brown and it came out with a hint of green
    I am a true blonde, and I dyied my hair a litle brown... The box stated that it was a little natural brown (acorn). So I followed the box to the tee and my hair looks brown with green highlights. What can I do to get a quick fix. I have extremely healthy hair, but I am not sure what to do
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 19, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Did u use a permanent or temp dye??
    If you used a permanent one I'd call the hairdressers for some advice so you don't make it worse,dying again so soon could mess it up even more
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Aug 20, 2008, 01:47 PM
    When going from blonde to dark, you need to deposit another colour in before you actually put on the dye. Brown hair dyes are bluey greeny based therefore you get that green cast. You should have really applied a reddy colour on first (temp or semi would do), dry it in then apply the brown.

You will need to see a reputable hair colourist. They can help correct the correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying vaginal hair from brown to platinum [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to dye the hair in my pubic area from brown (with a touch of grey in it) to platinum (yellowish blonde hair - sort of like Gwen Stefani's). How can I do this on my own. It is embarrassing for me to get this done professionally so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Blond hair to brown hair and green again [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair the lightest blond I can find for about 15 years. I wanted to get back to my original colour a dirty blond or light brown (it's been awhile). So I bought a brown dye and put it on. As it washes out it is looking a little green. Should I dye it the same colour again or...

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

Tips for dying already dyed red hair brown again. [ 4 Answers ]

My natural hair color is sort of an ashy brown... but I do have some red tint to it. I have been dying my hair red for a few years now and have decided that I would like to dye it brown again, does anyone know the easiest way to get this done WITHOUT going to a stylist? --I did try once before to...

Will dying brown hair light red work? [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium brown hair and i want light red or strawberry blonde. I went on the loreal website and they said that i could use loreal preference 7la (lightest auburn). will such a light color really work on brown hair? post an answer please!!:confused:

View more questions Search