Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonrose Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Roots color ends do not
    I recently cut my hair and died the underneath for the "peek-a-boo" affect. I dyed it red.
    I have been coloring my hair for years and have never had this problem before now. Recently my roots keep the color and the ends do not. There is a dye at the store that seemed to help with this some. Don't know the brand but I do know that it has a pantene 1 minute pretreatment included.. its like conditioner of some kind. I use a dk brown to cover gray and this pretreatment helped some but I don't want to be restricted to one brand. What in the world is going on? I have included a before pic to show you what I mean. What can I do to keep my color?

PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 12, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Hair color at the hair ends of your hair tends to fade more quickly. If you want the color to hold, try using a reddish brown color filler on the ends. Once you apply the color filler, let it set for the recommended time and then apply the desired hair color as normal.
    sharonrose Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2007, 12:17 AM
    OK, what is a color filler? Just a brown with red in it? Like auburn? Or will it say color filler? Then put the shade of red I want on it? I have never had to do all this before... just color and go. Thank you for your help and Patience.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 13, 2007, 07:34 PM
    A color filler is a color that is used to freshen or enhance faded hair color. You will need to apply it onto the ends before re-coloring your hair. If your desired hair color is red, use a red or reddish brown color filler. Wait until it sets and then apply the selected hair color. This should keep it from fading. You will find color fillers at a beauty supply store in the hair care aisle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haircolor-Light at Roots and Dark at Ends [ 2 Answers ]

I would like some valuable advice on why when I dye my hair the roots always come out way lighter than the ends. I've tried misting the ends so that they don't absorbe the color as much but this does not work. Can anyone please advise me on how to get "Even" haircolor at home? Your help will be...

Brassy roots rest of color fine [ 2 Answers ]

I had my long hair permanent color with violet base colored yesterday--My hair is light brown to medium brown and a lot of gray on underside of hair--I hate red brassy colors--the two to 4 inches of the top of my hair from roots down is to brassy red and I would like to know which product or type...

How do I make roots match an unnatural hair color? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I dyed my hair a bright fuchsia red(its an unnatural color) and I love it, but my roots are starting to show. If I wanted to continue dying my hair red than how do I get rid of my dark brown roots? How can I bleach them without the risk of hair breakage? Will it be even, or will I have to bleach...

Ash color on ends [ 1 Answers ]

I got my hair colored last night. The ends of my hair are an ashy color. It doesn't look bad but just not what I wanted. My mother said that with time and washing it should start fading and that it will be OK. She said that there are some shampoos that I could get that will put more golden...

View more questions Search