Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlygirl1819 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Dec 9, 2007, 02:08 AM
    My 8 yr old sis's hair is falling out
    Hi my name is lauren and my 8 year old sister is losing her hair... she is pretty normal but I'm afraid it could be something serious.. I know it not normal! Sooo please if you know anything about this please help ask me questions about anything to help get a better answer thank you
    mamame Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 02:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl1819
    Hi my name is lauren and my 8 year old sister is loosing her hair...she is pretty normal but im afraid it could be something serious..i know it not normal!! sooo please if you know anything about this please help ask me questions about anything to help get a better answer thank you
    Are you sure it's falling out? Is there any chance she is pulling it out? If not, I would have her seen for a medical condition.
    girlygirl1819 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Dec 9, 2007, 12:15 PM
    She is at the hospital right now... if she is pulling it out I know that I a mental disease and needs to be treated my mom is thinking its some a word but I am soooo worried... the kids at school already make fun of her because she is slow at learning
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Why at a hospital now. If it is just unexplained hair loss can be alopetia, thyroid, or anemia
    mamame Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Or stress?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 03:24 PM
    The "a" word is called alopecia...

You can read all about it here...

National Alopecia Areata Foundation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hair is falling out [ 31 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old female and my hair is falling out! There is no history of early baldness in my family, and everything else seems normal. I think normally, 50-100 hairs should be falling out, but around 250-300 hairs have been falling out in a day. There are no bald spots, the hairs are coming...

Hair falling out [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , My problem is commonly found these days in youth. I'm 26 now and have smoked for many years. But currently I stopped smoking from the past couple of months. For the past couple of years my hair started falling severely and almost getting into bald head now. I'm sure smoking could be...

My hair is falling out! [ 6 Answers ]

The past 2 weeks my hair has been falling out in CLUMPS! It is scaring the crap out of me, I'm afraid I'm going bald or something. I'm only 23! What is causing this, and what can I do? I did recently get a Mirena IUD inserted, would that have anything to do with it? It does have a low dose...

My hair is falling out [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old female and my hair is falling out! There is no history of early baldness in my family, and everything else seems normal. I think normally, 50-100 hairs should be falling out, but around 250-300 hairs have been falling out in a day. There are no bald spots, the hairs are coming out...

Chow's hair falling out [ 4 Answers ]

We have had our chow for 8 years, and the past year, he is losing his hair.vet was never able to help. Will his hair ever grow back ? Thanks.

View more questions Search