Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horizon69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Hair Dyes
    I just dyed my hair today, with LorealCreme... I have used it in the past , my hair was quite light brown with some grays. I used a medium brown, well it came out pretty dark dark brown, almost black to me, how do I lighten this.:confused:
    WILLCLARK Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 07:49 PM
    You can use some highlights or get it bleached.
    snail3232 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Color fix strips the dye and leaves you with your natural color
    cedwick Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by horizon69
    I just dyed my hair today, with LorealCreme ...i have used it in the past , my hair was quite light brown with some grays. I used a medium brown, well it came out pretty dark dark brown, almost black to me, how do I lighten this.:confused:
    It will fade. If you wanted medium brown, you should have gone at least two levels lighter since you have some greys. If you don't like the tone of your hair, I would suggest a nice tint buy natural instincts or something equivalent, this will freshen your look. Remember to leave it on less than what is instructed, about two or three minutes less. Go one or two shades lighter than your natural for this. I would only recommend highlights if you are happy with having your shade as a base. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Propylene Gylcol - Dyes [ 1 Answers ]

I current an working on a commercial sports product that involves the use of about 3.5 oz of a 50/50 solution of propylene gylcol / distilled water. The liquid is in motion in the product and moves about,. when we attempt to dye the liquid red, it begins to foam slightly as it moves about. How can...

Black hair - used other dyes - ColorZAP - Will it work? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I dyed my hair from dark brown to black a while ago. Since then, I've tried lighting it with other lighter brown hair dyes. Well, now I know that doesn't work. It just turned my roots orange. What I would like to know is if I use ColorZAP will it still work even though I've tried dying it...

View more questions Search