Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pommi Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2005, 08:22 PM
    Looking for the Perfect Handcream
    Hello All,

I am on a quest to find the perfect handcream. Anybody have a favorite that they might share the name? I cannot stand dry hands and have tubes all over the place. Thank you.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2005, 03:59 AM
    More an aside than an opinion:

I cannot find the article, but I remember a couple of years ago Consumer Reports did a study on a bunch of them... from generic cheap stuff to the very expensive stuff... and they found that as far as moisturizing goes, there is very little difference.

... but on the other hand, I find what seems like a decent third-party review of some of them here: Skin Care Product Reviews
    jujubee Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 04:02 PM
    Favorite hand cream
    First, what kind of skin do you have? Dry, flaky, normal, get dry after washing the dishes? Sensitive?

There are so many different kinds to choose from nowadays. I know them all so let me know just what you're looking for, oh, and also what fragnrances you like, if any?
    pommi Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 08:42 PM
    Handcream
    I want a handcream that has an SPF, light to no fragrance, non-greasy and massages right in.

Hands get dry after washing. I just don't like the feeling of dry hands. My hands do have some 'sun spots' on them. Thanks.
    jujubee Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2005, 10:16 AM
    A recommendation
    From your description and your lotion needs I'd go with one of two products. If you can splurge, you should get MD Skincare water resistant sunscreen. It's GREAT stuff not just for your hands but for just about anywhere, face, feet, elbows, wherever. It's spf 15 and it's really light.

If that's a little too pricy, then I'd go with Neutrogenamoisture SPF 15 which is comparable and also non greasy.

Hope those are helpful!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 5, 2005, 12:08 PM
    I live in Germany and also lived in the states. The only creams I use are Nivea, which is almost 100 years old and still one of the best. Then when I get a little too much sun, I use pure Aloe Vera from the plant, even eat the clear meat inside the leaf, as it has a lot of healing properties and enzymes and natural antibodies - not the storebought stuff with addetives. Also sometimes in the night, I use straight vaseline and wear gloves. But the nivea has always worked for me. Hope you find what you need.

If you live where Aloe Vera grows, check a site on how to care for it, it's so easy, hardly needs water-just moist air , and a lot of light.

Quote Originally Posted by pommi
    Hello All,

I am on a quest to find the perfect handcream. Anybody have a favorite that they might share the name? I cannot stand dry hands and have tubes all over the place. Thank you.
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pommi
    Hello All,

I've only tried a few... and the one I have now is Nivea's hand craem. The blue one
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 09:23 AM
    You're right jacki, Nivea is a worldwide product and used more than most others. Here in Europe, it is used for the whole body. It's as close to the Dove products - which have finally made it to Europe now. So there is a choice of two proven products on the market.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Perfect competition [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in first-year university I was told that this idea is the base of microeconomics. I'm kind of confused about it, so I tried a few sample questions. Namely, I had trouble answering the following questions regarding perfect competition: 1) How can I justify the assumption that all firms in...

A Perfect Match? [ 5 Answers ]

I am married, and about a year ago, my husband gave me reasons to believe he was having an affiar. I investigated on my own, the more I found out, the more guilty he appeared to be. When the evidence was laid out before him. He admitted that he had been talking to a woman, and they had discussed a...

The perfect... [ 19 Answers ]

Handjob. Seriously, need advice on techniques, because it is harder than it looks! Any tips to make him crazy?

Perfect Pegasus [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of the Perfect Pegasus argument for proving the existence of God? When I took an introductory philosophy class in university, my professor used this argument and attributed it to a particular philosopher. I'd like to read about it again, but it's several years since I took the...

It was perfect until... [ 12 Answers ]

The other night I went out with my boyfriend, his little brother and his mum. We all went to a family get together, my boyfriend drunk a lot and was fairly drunk by the end of the night. We all went back to his mums, where I looked after him, cleaned up his sick, comforted him, hugged him, bathed...

View more questions Search