Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bassman19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Red highlights fading to orange
    Hi there,

Sorry if this question has already been asked before I checked the stickys and did a search but couldn't find anything.

My natural colour is a medium brown and I wanted to go for something a bit funky and rock n' roll so I had red 'slashers' through my hair. I had two different shades of red a brighter red and a darker more subtle red. I was really pleased with the result as I left the salon. The problem is that now less than a week later a lot of the streaks are fading and turning a coppery orange colour. Did I do something wrong? Its not supposed to fade this quickly is it? I used shampoo and conditioner for red coloured hair and all that stuff. I'm going to go back to the salon to see what they can do with it but that won't be for a few days. Is it possible to rescue the colour or at least get it out? What can I expect from a rescue operation? Sorry about all the questions I know nothing about hair colour:( .

Cheers in advance.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. Red hair color fades faster than any other color. You can't rescue the color since it's already faded, but you can re-color your hair or have it stripped. Shampoos and conditioners and color enhancers for red should help keep the color from fading too fast. When you go to the salon to get your hair retouched, ask the stylist to recommend a product designed to keep the color from fading. Salons have professional products that will enhance and refresh hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown hair fading to red please help! [ 4 Answers ]

My hair is a natural dark brown color, I color and highlight my hair, so now I have to keep doing it. The problem is the brown color that I dye it ALWAYS turns to a copper or reddish color no matter what, while the highlights stay light. I'm just wondering what shade of brown would be best to keep...

Red hair dye isn't fading? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is reebs and I went to the hair dressers today and I wanted my hair dyed blonde by July for my holiday. I have red hair and went to get it dyed today and the hair dressers said I would go an orangy pinky colour if I tried to put blonde on and they don't think I will be able to go blonde...

Fading highlights [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I have naturally medium brown hair and I've been highlight my hair blonde for the last year. My hair dresser gave me full highlights the last two times. I really want to fade the highlights and go back to my original hair color. I did dye it brown last year but it didn't look right because it...

Brightening blonde highlights and fading dark lowlights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I used to have pretty light blonde hair, mostly from highlights. Today I went to get hightlights and I asked for a golden blonde color instead of just straight bleach. She said because I had such light ends that I should do a highlight and a lowlight. I said OK assuming it would turn out a...

View more questions Search