Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jivechicken Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Lightening colored hair
    Last week a bought a box of hair color that looked like it would be lighter than what it came out as on my head. My artificial color is now it's a medium-dark red brown and originally was a natural medium brown with slight red natural highlights. I'd actually like to go dark blonde because I really don't care for this color, but I don't know if that's possible for me to do on my own... or even with pro help.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Remember that at-home hair colors will not give you the same result as the model on the box. Dark hair contains a lot of red pigments in it. If you apply a single process hair color over dark hair, it will result in red/orange shade. In order to go from dark to blonde, you will need to lighten your hair with bleach (hydrogen peroxide) and then apply your selected color.
    KristinWoods Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jivechicken
    Last week a bought a box of hair color that looked like it would be lighter than what it came out as on my head. My artificial color is now it's a medium-dark red brown and originally was a natural medium brown with slight red natural highlights. I'd actually like to go dark blonde because I really don't care for this color, but I don't know if that's possible for me to do on my own... or even with pro help.
    Honestly I suggest going to a professional hair stylist because there are some jobs we just can really fix on our own without and expert opinion and you don't want to make it worst or experience any breakage or hairloss because of doing this on your own. They will know what to do. Trust me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair to colored hair [ 4 Answers ]

My hair color is naturally black but I colored my hair brown and with some highlights,for like a year,then after I wanted to go back to black hair so I dyed my hair all black. Now I want to dye it light golden brown and I did but only my roots showed up the golden brown,and the rest is stilll...

Adding dark streaks to colored blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have colored my hair blonde w/ hi-light kits as well as a frost kit.. my roots are growing out and I want to add some darker streaks to my hair, red or brown or both! How do I go about this or is there even a way for me to do this at home? I would like to do it myself, but I have no...

Colored hair and it turned too dark with a lot of red [ 2 Answers ]

We need help. My husband had his hair colored and it turned dark brown with a lot of red. How can we lighten the hair and get the red out? Beth

I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my...

Orange colored hair [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter got her hair color darkened a few months ago. However, now it is looking very dry and has an orange hue to it. She is a swimmer and had just begun swimming practice daily, so she gets exposed to chlorine everyday. Is there anything we can do for her hair to get that orange cast off...

View more questions Search