Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bera Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Judgment & Bank Account Levy
    Hello,

My bank account has been frozen by a collection agency/lawfirm that received a default judgment for $2,700. The original debt will be 10 years old this October.

I will be going over to the Civil court and file a "Motion to vacate judgment" on the grounds I never received the court notice. (I moved approx 8 months ago) and didn't get the know till now.

My question is, if the judge grants my request to vacate judgment, can they continue to levy my bank account till the dispute has been settled?

Im hoping the judge will vacate judgment, and I my defense will be the SOL since this credit card account is from 1997.

Thanks for all your help!
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2007, 01:45 PM
    If you owe the money, I don't think it matters how old the debt is. You owe the money. They have every right to try to get the money from you.

I'm no attorney, so I could be wrong.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Motion to Vacate no or improper service, Motion to Dismiss SOL has expired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank account levy [ 13 Answers ]

3 days ago I found out that my bank account had been frozen. I contacted the bank and they said there was a levy on my account. I never received any kind of notice stating that this was going to happen. What steps can I take to correct this?

Bank Account Levy [ 5 Answers ]

I Found this post: Old Feb 17, 2006, 02:23 PM The exact thing just happened to me. (except for the just married part) Someone replied that she needed to file a motion to Quash. Could anyone please tell me how to go about this? The debt is for child support arrears out of CO, and we're in...

Levy on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

If a creditor trustee has sent me a letter saying that they put in a judgement for a levy on my account, What is next? Do I wait for another letter from a judge or some sort?

Bank Account Levy [ 1 Answers ]

Will they go after my house, if I close my account? I can't pay my other bills because they are holding my deposit?

Bank account levy [ 5 Answers ]

We live in Missouri. My husband has had a levy placed upon our bank account from a repo from several years ago. What will happen to the account? This account is seldom used, but if this is what they want to do, then should I start making monthly deposits in it? How much are they entitled to?...

View more questions Search