Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brabhka1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Chapter 13
    Hello,

My mother on chapter 13 and she wants out.She has a lot of equity in her home.But she's
    Not sure what subprime lender to go with. I also wanted to know, Can I change her house deed in my name?

:confused: daughter
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Are you saying she wants to borrow money against her home to pay off her chapter 13 debts ? She needs to talk to her bankruptcy attorney and most likely will need permission from the trustee. And of course in a chapter 13 she may have a hard time even finding anyone that will do a mortgage on the property, and it will be at a much higher interest rate than someone with good credit.

You can change the deed to your name if you buy the home from her and get a mortgage in your hame, ( but again you will need court permission to sell the home)

She will be much better off, finishing out the chapter 13 before she does anything else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 13 [ 4 Answers ]

:eek: This has been three years in the making. I could go on and on about the reason this mess was started and you would feel for me but I feel sorry enough for myself. This vinue has helped me so much. Most everyone's advice is sound and true. Thank you in advance. I filed chapter 13 three years...

Chapter 13! [ 2 Answers ]

What do I expect when entering bankruptcy court,and what do I need the day of filing?:o

Chapter 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I just made my last payment on my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I am waiting my discharge papers. I was told that I will still have to pay an attorney or interest to my mortgage company. Is this true?

Chapter 1 [ 3 Answers ]

1)You can always add two numbers that have the same units.However,you cannot always add two numbers that have the same dimensions.Explain why not,and inlcude an example in your explanation. ____________________________________________ a)Is it possible for two quantities to have the same...

View more questions Search