Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmilingKena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    401K Early Distribution Tax NYS
    I took an early distribution of $1,500.00 in 2006 from my employer's plan. Federal tax was held, but no New York State Tax. How do I find out if such is due and how to calculate it? Thank you for your time. :)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 10:38 AM
    You will be taxed at your marginal tax rates for both the federal and state return, plus an additional 10% ($150) will be added to the end of your federal tax return.

Exactly how much depends on your other income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Distribution from 401k/Loan not repaid [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for taking the time... live in NJ and worked in NJ... here is my question, I took a hardship withdrawal loan from my 401k... two years ago in early 2005. Approximately $4,000. I paid back about 1000k back to my own 401k. In Jan of 2006 I left the company and decided I was going get...

401k distribution [ 1 Answers ]

My husband died in 2006, he had a 401k with me (spouse) as his benificiary. We have 2 young sons and I cashed out the 401k to use for the down payment of a primary residence. All of the paperwork has not been done, but I will get all of the papers in order during 2007. Is there a certain amount...

401k distribution ? And state tax [ 4 Answers ]

How much would you suggest that I withhold for state taxes on a 12,400 distribution? I live in New York and would prefer not to get dinged at the end of the year. It can be either a percentage or dollar amount. Thank you for any suggestions!

How to fill in tax forms on 401k distribution [ 3 Answers ]

g'day I'm trying to fill out the 2005 tax forms. Each year I fill in a 2555EZ form as I live in Australia. I then transfer the total earned income amount to the 1040 form (it is zero as I'm now a student). Have done this for a few years and there are no problems. Last year I cashed in half...

View more questions Search