Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberly13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 10:42 PM
    3 kids 1,3,8, homeless levy are bank account 1500.00 didn't leave a cent for us to liv
    Are home of 17 years was sold in June . No credit husband my credit we were working on. Yesterday my bank emailed me told me I had 0 dollars in our account 1500.00 my husband paycheck frozen. We were trying to get a place to live . Now I can't feed my kids husband can't drive to work we have nothing except our car to sleep in. I called to make 25.00 payments they said no 100.00 .8 month wait to get into a shellte
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 10:59 PM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. What is your question?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 22, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Bankruptcy costs a lot just to file.
    Where are you using the internet and calling the bank from?
    I'm sorry will have to live in the car, but you can drive your husband to work.
    I'm sorry you allowed yourselves to get into such horrible debt and let it get this far with creditors freezing your account. You had ample warning of the court dates and the judgments. We don't know if you had extreme expenses such as medical or were just spending too much all along.
    Don't you have relatives?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2012, 05:48 AM
    As noted what is your question? What do you expect from us.

For your bank account to be levied and your husband salary to be garnished means that you have judgments against you. You had to have known about these judgments given your situation. So there is little you can do.

Have you talked to Social Services?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California Bank Levy Joint Bank Account [ 8 Answers ]

My wife was issued a judgement prior to our marriage in Aug 2002. She ignored the original judgement letter being young and carefree and never went to court or tried to appeal. In Oct 2008 a bank levy removed $3,500 from our joint bank account. All of the deposits in this account were made by my...

How do I levy a bank account? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judgement against someone who lives in New Jersey. The judgment was awarded in Delaware. I know where this person lives and where he banks. He also just bought a car (paid in full). What is the process for levying his bank account and forcing him to sell his car? The judgement is for...

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

View more questions Search