Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilhmenia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Bank Account Levy
    Will they go after my house, if I close my account? I can't pay my other bills because they are holding my deposit?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Actually you probably can't "close" the account since it is frozen and the attachment ( garnishment) will take any future funds paid into the account. But you can ask the bank.

And while they can go after a lien, normally they want to try and get your money first, bank accounts and garnishment of your wages next.

Since the lien only allows them to get the money when you sell the property, often a lien can take years and years to get their money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levy on Bank account in California [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, We received notice that the sheriff was to levy our property... "for monies on deposit at Washington Mutual Bank"... I closed my checking account there... but I have a mortgage payment due them each month. Can they levy my payment to the mortgage company? I would not think that...

Bank account levy [ 13 Answers ]

3 days ago I found out that my bank account had been frozen. I contacted the bank and they said there was a levy on my account. I never received any kind of notice stating that this was going to happen. What steps can I take to correct this?

Bank Account Levy [ 5 Answers ]

I Found this post: Old Feb 17, 2006, 02:23 PM The exact thing just happened to me. (except for the just married part) Someone replied that she needed to file a motion to Quash. Could anyone please tell me how to go about this? The debt is for child support arrears out of CO, and we're in...

Levy of Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

A Lawfirm has placed a levy on my bank account because of a Credit Card bill owed by my common law wife. Her name is also on my account. How do I get a release from this levy.

Bank account levy [ 5 Answers ]

We live in Missouri. My husband has had a levy placed upon our bank account from a repo from several years ago. What will happen to the account? This account is seldom used, but if this is what they want to do, then should I start making monthly deposits in it? How much are they entitled to?...

View more questions Search